electric legs?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Happy Easter one and all, I have today what I can only describe as an electric current running up and down my leg, no pain just weird. Any thoughts ?, anyone else had it ?

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes I got that but it is getting less frequent but I still get it ocassionaly with cramps at the back of my knee
    • Posted

how did you cope with the cramp? my thigh muscles feel on fire today and  to be honest before I read your post I had said to hubby I thought cramp would be the next torment.I usually walk cramp off which obviously is not an option today.How did you deal with it?
    • Posted

I have been drinking 2.5 litres of water a day and eating bananas which are meant to be good for cramp so far it seems to be receeding so I shall drink loads of water and keep my fingers crossed.
    • Posted

Actually I think that is an extremely valid point. Now I think about it I have been drinking much less than usual even avoiding my bedtime cocoa. Getting up to visit the loo in the night is soooo hard and I guess subconciously I have been trying to avoid it ( bonkers now I think about it) Thanks for the advice.
    • Posted

Check out pure apple cider vinegar, garlic, and ginger for cramps.

old Amish cure. Look on internet for Amish leg cramp cure. Sound  crazy, check it out. 

• Posted

Happy Easter to you too. Not had that yet but I suppose that's something else to look forward to!!!
  • Posted

I am into my second post op week and have begun to get the occasional, sharp stabbing pain around the wound area. It does feel like a little electrical shock, painful enough to make me gasp as it is so sudden.
  • Posted

Happy easter everyone. I am nearly 5 weeks post TKR now and yes I have the electric shock feeling. Thought I was going crazy to be honest. Do you all still feel like you have a something tight strapped around your leg? I can bend muscle and skin wise really well but it seems to get a point when it just won't budge. Its really painful too. Doesn't feel muscular it feels like bone. I'm hoping it's not in need of realignment. But I'm wondering if it's my back problem. My back was affecting my knee before the surgery but can't remember how x
    • Posted

sadly I have zero bend due to heavy dressings (staple failure) so I have all that to look forward to,lets hope your problem resolves itself with no intervention.Good luck
    • Posted

I have the tight strap above my knee most of the time when I move but not when sitting still - its reallly annoying - apparently it is normal and will go eventually 
    • Posted

A friend of mine had that problem but is now up there at 110% - touch wood you will get there - so sorry to hear about your problem makes me feel lucky so far although I seem to be taking a lot longer than some people to recover I am at least making some progress.
    • Posted

Oh no that's awful. I had disolvable sutures and I'm glad really as staples sound awful. I made sure the surgeon didn't use staples before surgery too plus I asked him to draw on my leg what type of scar I would have. Does anyone have like round tissue lumps surrounding arthritic joints?
    • Posted

Twelve weeks, and still have that tight feeling around the knee . . will it ever go!!!
    • Posted

Sorry again - @21 weeks i still have the tightness too although i walk as far as i want - I'm conscious of it all the time. Massaging helps a bit. I'm in quite a bit of discomfort again. I feel like I've regressed 10 weeks. Seeing the surgeon on 16th April. Though i doubt it will be much help!

Hope you improve soon smile

• Posted

My gp said it was the nerves adjusting it was wierd but only lasted a few days. Still getting the occasional tingle but the big bit was at seven weeks now am nearly ten weeks. Don't cross your legs. If it's pins and needles get it checked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.