elevated PSA

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm 63 and I've been tracking my PSA for 10 years on a yearly basis.  The range has been anywhere from .7 to 1.9 with no real trend.  Today, my bloodwork came back and my PSA was 4.2.  I'm freaking out because I've never had any prostate issues and everything works like it is supposed to.  My doctor has told me not to worry about it and I'll be tested again in two weeks.

My doc then asked me if I've been riding a bike lately? Yes

Have I been lifting heavy weights? Yes

Did I have sexual relations the night before the PSA test? Probably.

She asked me about my urine flow and I told her that my start/stop is fine and that I will get up once a night to urinate maybe once every 3 or 4 nights.  If I don't drink anything after 9PM, the chances are that I'll make it through the night.  She was pretty amazed that at 63 I can sleep through the night.

So, any thoughts from anyone with this kind of experience?

Thanks,

John

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

CIC????

clean intermittent bladder catheterization?

I found : "While many types of catheters are intended to stay in for days or weeks, a catheter used for clean intermittent self-catheterization is used several times a day to empty the bladder. The catheter is attached to a plastic bag that can be used to measure the amount of urine."

HIFU doesn't cause any side effects, or verrry rarely does it cause any, when you see the procedure you understand why as there isn't any cutting or exposure of the organs, they use ultra sound to burn out the tumor.  They can also use HIFU to correct some problems.

• Posted

No need to measure output. Use catheter and toss. Be sure to lubricate it and be hygienic. That's the "clean." If you are not subject to infections, catheter can be reused. Rinse it well and store in 99% alcohol. When needed again, rinse and use. Always be hygienic before and after.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.