Elleste duet 20mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi again, now on week 6 of this HRT and sweats are slowly creeping back especially at night, but only just so still happy about that, in fact I feel cold in the day which is odd for me.  But am now wondering whether I would be better off with sweats as the headaches and swollen, agonising breasts are becoming unbearable.  I am scared now as the breast symtoms, ie large veins, engorged nipples, red and patchy nipple area and puckered skin all google (I KNOW) as imflammatory breast cancer.  Have appointment with GP on Wednesday to discuss. When I look at the posts on this forum no one really seems bothered by sore breasts, apparently post menopause - am 57 in May - means you should not have painful breasts so something is definitely not right.  I am being so OTT as I know it is probably the HRT, but was so looking forward to being able to sleep and not look like I had put my head in a chip pan so am a bit deflated. Sorry for the rant. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello. Sore breasts and nipples are fairly common when you first start HRT but I think you've made the right decision seeing your GP because your symptoms although typical when starting HRT should really be improving now.
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am glad that it is part of HRT, I have asked lots of friends and they all said "no we did not have that" so was panicking even more. I am large breasted and to be honest when having periods they were always sore. Will see what happens Wed.
    • Posted

I had very sore breasts when I started on HRT but it did settle. If you read the side effects of most HRT breast tenderness as they call it is one of the common side effects. The chances are your dose is too high but your GP will have the best advice for you.
    • Posted

Hi again, yes that was what I had read, but when I asked both my sisters and a couple of friends and they had not had the same problems, I was panicked, especially as my sister is on the same one, but she started many years ago and probably cannot remember. Thanks as you have put my mind at rest.
  • Posted

I'm only on 1 mg and have started cutting my pill in half due to my bleeding being so heavy. So not sure if this will be helpful to you. My breast's are sore and very painful just before I have a bleed. Hopefully your doctor will be helpful and give you some advice. Good Luck
    • Posted

Hi Kitty, I am on 2mg which may be too high. I am lucky I do not have any bleeding, I had the coil so have not had a period for 10 years now. Sore boobs are not fun are they. Take care
  • Posted

The gyny consultant said you shoulnt have headaches and said to change the route so from tablets  try the patches he also put me on a lower dose.
    • Posted

Headaches are common initially when women start to take HRT, but they should subside within a week or two providing the lady doesn't have high blood pressure. It's the nature of the medication. A lower dose will always be prescribed if they continue.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, the headaches are starting to get less. often. My GP did not really explain about what to expect apart from making it perfectly clear that I take them at my own risk regarding breast cancer etc. I will what she say's on Wed and discuss what options are available, it took long enough to get her to agree to prescribing me any and I want to continue as I do feel so much better in other ways. Take care
    • Posted

The risk of breast cancer is very low. Have you read the NICE Guidelines? If you haven't reading the document that's easy reading will explain everything and put your mind at rest. It explains that a lot of research mainly from the US and some from the UK was flawed which most of us working in gynaecology knew anyway.
    • Posted

Hi, saw GP today, she had a good feel about and said she could not see or feel any lumps, yes my breasts looked sore but she felt that was due to HRT and not to worry, I started peri nearly 10 years ago and wondered whether my hormones were really low and that is why it is taking longer to calm down. She said that I have costocondritis in chest and ribs, did wonder as have fibromyalgia and all this seems connected. I am to take ibuprofen/paracetamol and use hot compresses and see what happens. At least she put my mind at rest, just have to wait for the HRT to kick in properly and things to settle. 
    • Posted

I'm pleased you're feeling reassured and it sounds as though your GP thoroughly examined you. Hopefully things will settle down very soon and you feel the benefits of HRT.
    • Posted

So pleased to hear that there is a dr who knows the benefits of transdermal hrt.

• Posted

Yes she did give me a thorough check, underarms as well. I am actually due a 3 yr mammo this month, so will get that done and then hopefully be able to  get on with life knowing pain is nothing sinister. Take care
  • Posted

Hello just reading your post regarding breast pain, I'm 55 and have suffered breast pain since my 30's tried taking everything from massive doses of evening primrose oil as prescribed by the benign breast clinic I attended to old wives tales of cabbage leaves in your bra😬 I got that desperate !, I've been going through the menopause since I was 47 and had probably over 6 mammograms over the last three years because of lumpy painfull breasts, better to be safe than sorry so air on the side of caution! The breast nurse did say that having large breasts dosnt help the situation mine are 34gg. I've been on hrt second time round now for about 12 months and I'm suffering hot flushes and an extremely red face, quite embarrassing when at work! My cheeks look like a small baby teething😡 Just trying to decide if I need an increased dose of the HRT. 

Dont be put off by the GPs saying the hrt are causing the breast pain push for a mammogram for peace of mind, good luck, and it's not a rant your worried xx

• Posted

Hi Victoria. Must admit I always had periods of pain when younger and yes I am also a G cup. Due my regular mammogram this month anyway so will definitely go to that. Trouble is it is really hard to find a decent bra shop, live in uk so tried various department stores. Debenhams useless, young girl in John Lewis helpful but was too embarrased to get my clothes of. Need a really old fashioned place with lots of matronly ladies LOL.  Hrt working well after 7 weeks, do get the odd night flush but able to sleep properly for the first time in years so as long as pain nothing sinister will put up with it. I too tried cabbage leaves hee hee. 
    • Posted

I also live in uk and usually buy Fantasie bras try figleaves website or bravissimo, not sure where you live but they have a bravissimo in Manchester and they are brilliant for fitting but you have to make an appointment, love the fact you also tried the cabbage leaves 😂😂 I'm hoping to see my gp regarding my hot face😡 but glad your getting some relief from the patches onwards and upwards x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.