ello evryone hope evryone is doin fine , just lookin for some Help here

Posted , 5 users are following.

i m on day 26 citalopram and most of the time anxius and i have a fear for no reason ,,, what if this what if that?? i never felt like this i told my gp and he said give it another 2 weeks on the med if not better need to stop them ... i start this med for anxiety and right now i m mess some days i stil havent been able to go work... 😞😞

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

ben.......I totally understand where you are coming from. I have been on Citalopram 20mg for 13 months and am now in my 3rd week of tapering off. I have been taking 10mg daily for the past 3 weeks and some days I feel absolutely horrible. I get a slight headache, my head feels "funny", I feel nauseated and my body trembles.

Doctor told me these are just withdrawal symptoms, but they are driving me crazy as it makes me feel like something physical is wrong.

I hope that, as your body adjusts to the medicine, these awful side-effects disappear.

• Posted

aww i hope u feel better sooon , did u find that it work for u for 13 months and when did it kick in to work , coz i m still anxious and anxiety is playing about.. 🙏🙏

• Posted

ben.....it takes about 4 to 6 weeks to fully get into your system where you will see the benefit. Be patient as once it settles into your system, the side effects will go away.
    • Posted

lois....I am tapering because the medicine, in all honesty, did not help much. My doctor feels that if it hasn't shown to be effective, that there is no reason to continue on it. The goal is to get completely off and see how I do medicine free.

• Posted

I would say so. My anxiety seems to be health anxiety. I worry about my heart. My grandfather passed at 54 of heart and my dad passed at 71 of heart. I am now 52 and have fallen into the trap of thinking that something is going to happen that is heart related.

I have terrible physical symptoms such as shaking 24/7, digestive issues, head never feels right (kind of cloudy), I will break out into sticky/clammy sweats for no apparent reason, etc.

I have had several tests performed (ekg, stress test, ct scan of brain, complete thyroid work up, colonoscopy, upper gi scope) and none of the tests show anything terrible other than I do have Barret's esophagus from acid reflux.

So...in short....I am very discouraged, because I feel ill every day, but the doctor's can't tell me why.

• Posted

I also suffer from health anxiety..I had all those symptoms you talk about plus more..I also went thru all the blood work ..heart monitor ekg ecg.head scan torso scan.and every thing was negative..in the end it came down to anxiety. .19months later and here iam fine..all those crappy symptoms disappeared..it took me 8months ..and I'm still improving...

• Posted

I also suffer from health anxiety..I had all those symptoms you talk about plus more..I also went thru all the blood work ..heart monitor ekg ecg.head scan torso scan.and every thing was negative..in the end it came down to anxiety. .19months later and here iam fine..all those crappy symptoms disappeared..it took me 8months ..and I'm still improving...

• Posted

I'm very glad that you were able to overcome all of the symptoms. I have been dealing with this for years (Like 10 years), but the symptoms seems to be more severe. It's such a horrible feeling to not feel well every day!

It's not like I want there to be something majorly wrong, but I almost wish the doctor would say, "We found the problem and here is how we are going to treat it". Know what I mean?

It's hard for me to accept that ALL of the physical symptoms I have are simple anxiety. I worry that there is something physical wrong with me that the doctor's aren't detecting.

• Posted

I finally had to tell my self no matter how healthy we are .no matter what we inherit from our family ..where going to die anyway..you have to face that dieing is part of being human..
    • Posted

Hi Alliance

When the anxiety first hit me I thought it was something else.. a reaction to something. I did all the tests too hoping that the doc would say’ here it is.. this is the problem and this is how we are going to fix it’   But I’ve figured out that its anxiety and depression and if it is something else it will reveal itself eventually...

Try a different anti depressant... You never know it may make a difference...

The physical symptoms are horrible...

• Posted

Yes raj.i thought the same thing too..twice I ended in the emergency..I also been suffering with those symptoms for over twenty years..it just so happen that two years ago it would turn into a chronic condition..
    • Posted

raj,

I totally agree about the physical symptoms. It's so weird that a person can feel so well and then, all of a sudden, everything changes. Almost, like one day the body decides to rebel against itself both physically and emotionally.

I am down to 10mg of Celexa currently and plan to wean totally off. I want to try being free of medication and see how my body reacts/adjusts.

• Posted

Maybe celexa isn't the med for you...who knows maybe you will feel better on ten..I did ..I felt horrible on twenty..and my phychiatrist decrease to ten ..and that did it...and your doctor is right everything your feeling is definitely withdrawal..

• Posted

all i remember was sitting in a meeting at work and my brain made a buzzing sound and that was it.. anxiety came along...

I am assuming that you are from USA?

The other med that they say is good for anxiety is Escitopram.. ( dont know whats it called in america)its purer than celexa..   however I can understand that you want to be med free ...

• Posted

we were probably all in denial thats its anxiety ... hoping its something else instead

• Posted

That is so right .I remembered at the emergency five hours later doctor comes in and says all your test came back negative..and I said why I don't understand..and he look at me like I was crazy..he was expecting me to say good. But my reaction was different..oh and the other ssri is called Lexapro...

• Posted

I’m the same... I kept telling the doctor that I thought I had ME... because I felt so weak... the doc said ‘ no, you have severe depression’, I replied ‘ Nahh Its ME’....to keep me quiet he replied’ lets sort out the depression,then we will look at the ME’.....

I dont think I have ME anymore... 

• Posted

Yes I was the same the fatigue was so drastic I couldn't move my arms..it was horrific..what actually convinced me that I was having chronic anxiety was this forum..and reading all of Katecogs comments... finally I gave in to ssris ..with four of them not working ..and Lord and be hold the celexa work..I was out of options that's probably the reason I hang on for so long..

• Posted

katecogs is really good with her advice... very supportive..

Did it take celexa 8 months to work? 

• Posted

Yes .at 8months I was finally over the anxiety demons...but thru out the 8months my anxiety diminish day by day..
    • Posted

Thank you. it wasn't easy but I preservere and never want to experience that again.it was the scariest thing I have ever felt..

• Posted

Mental health is horrific...   never take the  brain for granted..
    • Posted

Lexapro is also popular for anxiety ..but it also has the same start up effects like celexa..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.