ello evryone hope evryone is doin fine , just lookin for some Help here

Posted , 5 users are following.

i m on day 26 citalopram and most of the time anxius and i have a fear for no reason ,,, what if this what if that?? i never felt like this i told my gp and he said give it another 2 weeks on the med if not better need to stop them ... i start this med for anxiety and right now i m mess some days i stil havent been able to go work... 😞😞

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya,

It took me many many months of perserverence to adjust to citalopram. I thought things would never settle.and didn't sleep properly for a long time. I also had several blips which I tried to ignore and they eventually went away. I'm dreading tapering off them bit get the impression that it should be a much more gradual process than what you're doing. Why are you weaning off them just out of interest?

• Posted

i m not but i just not seen any much improvement or is it to early??? 
    • Posted

fear all the time , what if this what if that!! tonight i feel it all over my body but i can manage to keep it under control 😞 i think , but i think gets my anxity more is when i google stuf and alway concentred on the negative effects and it makes me so scared

• Posted

My phychiatrist says doctor goggling is the worst thing an anxiety sufferers can do..stay away from googling ..
    • Posted

i tri but is hard wen u allday in and trin to get better fast is hard , feeling shok how could this happen i had a job still have cant go back at the mom like this, lovely family and it hurts me to be like this and🙏🙏🙏 i pray for anyone that gose thru dis coz is not easy ,,, 

• Posted

Take a benzo you won't regret it...it will calm down those yucky nerves..

• Posted

yeh i do 1 mg a day of diazopam and i only go 7 from my gp he dosent give more coz they very addictive. 2mg i cut in half when need it but not much left i hope i see some improvement soon or just stabel... 
    • Posted

There only addictive to addictive personality ..I took them for a year I never got addicted or I never wean.i just didn't take high dosages..other than that .ask your doctor for a sleeping tablet ..that also helps alot when doctor's don't want to give benzos.

• Posted

I wouldnt take a benzo either initially due to fear of getting addicted... but in the end i had to give in and use them... 

Benzo’s are a godsend when you have anxiety... that lovely feeling of relaxed mind and body... it honestly is a relief.. 

The problem with GP’s are they dont realise the importance of benzo’s... psychiatrists do and perscribe them as and when required...but GP’s think ‘ oh no ... you will get addicted’... I think though if a benzo is the only thing that works for the anxiety so what if I get addicted? I’m hardly going to come off them if nothing else works.. ...

• Posted

I think we all google.. its part of us wanting to get better..  looking for ways to beat the anxiety
    • Posted

If I was ever to come off celexa ..which I doubt ..I will quickly stay on abenzo.. quickly..
  • Posted

day 31  citalopram, i dont know people say 6-8 weeks but moring anxiety still there which it wasnet before i started this pill, mod like a ocean 🌊 dr say u need cbt therapy but nhs waiting is 3 months sad i dont know really down today and on top of that bad coughs,, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.