Embarrassed urethra pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I was drunk one night and I inserted an object into my urethral and immediately I felt a jolt of pain shoot up my whole body. I've tried to tell the doctor my pain is not due to an std or prostate. I've passed all my STD tests and the pain started right after my drunken encounter.

There looks to be a bump on the inside of the urethra that is where the pain originated and goes up the shaft of the penis. Sometimes it's stinging pain sometimes it is a throbbing pain it changes

When I ejaculate it stings bad for days. I went to the urologist and the doctor thinks it's prosititious.

I've reintersted the fact that the pain started after the encounter. It has been 4 months. I was on antibiotics and nothing seems to help the pain other than drinking water and not ejaculating.

I'm scared that I might have ruined my life. It's very depressing for me. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have you considered having a urologist scope you from the tip of your penis right up into your bladder?

This way you will know the condition of your entire urinary tract and it might reveal what exactly is wrong.

I'll admit it's no walk in the park but in your situation they might put you under for it.

I have been scoped awake and asleep.  Asleep is better.

Tom

• Posted

I'm sorry for the cursing I'm very frustrated and depressed. I feel like this doctor doesn't care about me.

I've heard scopes could damage the urethra. Do I risk making it worse.

• Posted

There's probably no other point in your body that can send so much nerve information to your brain.  When the nerves start to fire they work like a string of firecrackers setting each other off rapidly.  If the original message is "pain" it goes all over your body and that is probably why you feel it in different locations.  I'd try a non-invasive exam as I mentioned before, rather thay pushing a scope in and possibly causing more irritation.  Are you in a position to go to a different doctor or does your medical plan limit you to him?  Maybe a visit to a private clinic would be worth the expense?  One of the doctors who does PAE would be able to do a better exam than he has done and give you the information needed to begin a treatment for the real problem.

• Posted

Dennis I apologize for not replying to your question, my email was hacked and I must have not seen your reply.  PAE stands for Prostate Artery Embolization.  It's a procedure done by an Interventional Radiologist which partially blocks blood flow to the prostate.  The prostate then begins to shrink down and the symptoms of BPH decrease.  It's advantages are numerous over the more invasive surgical procedures, however some patients don't experience much improvement, others have very good improvement.  The length of time before symptoms begin to recur varies with each person.  Some are into their 4th or 5th year and others begin to have recuring problems after a few months.  PAE may not be related to your problem but the methods they use to screen patients would probably help identify what is causing your pain. 

• Posted

Anyone please?! sad

• Posted

Dennis I am sorry that I have not gotten back to you but my doctor is on vacation till thursday.  As soon as I here from him I will let you know  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.