Emis , r u still working on this site ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Give me hope please !

On a daily basis I notice small mistakes/mysteries popping up on your 'new' site. Should I be asking you about problems I come across ?

Today's mystery. Under notifications it says twice that I have a reply from Betty E under topic from David. I realise my post appeared twice and that you removed 1 which was fine, thank you. Were BettyE's 2 replies on the post you removed ? I cannot see BettyE's replies any where.

Yesterdays mystery. At the top of the list of notifications it said I had a reply 3 hours ago (details forgotten). I thought it would be a new reply but I had seen it previously hours before. On the actual post it said it had been posted 8 hours previously. I triple checked this.

I admit that I am no technical wizz, but those 2 notifications are not correct.

I thought I should be able to contact you seperately, but I haven't figured out how to yet. Is there a way? It may be simple but I am just trying to get my head around 1 'mystery' a day.

It is sad that I do not see many old regulars post on here any more. I suspect they too are having difficulties relearning how to find what they want.

Can I be cheeky and ask why you changed the site ? What wasn't working before ?

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Flutterbie57

I agree. I am getting repeated posts and replies two or three at a time of the same... one after the other.....very odd!!🤔🤔🙄

• Posted

I typed a reply on another thread to Jones, and while trying to send, it said to put in a reply which I had already done' I never could send it. Will you see this one? Let me know.

• Posted

hi flutterbie....I too am getting tons of repetitive posts! SO ANNOYING! I'm also seeing many unfamiliar names (which is ok, but it would be nice to see familiar folks as well!

I'm really getting exasperated....I've got about 40 emails right now, and I'd be willing to bet I've read over half of them already!

WHAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX THIS??

• Posted

Success peggy, I have seen your post. I continue using the site, because I need health advice at the moment, but I havn't mastered it yet.

• Posted

also....I'm finding lots of posts/replys are being moderated! is this normal?

One of mine was that was completely appropriate to this forum....was very confused!

• Posted

A couple of mine were removed , but they were just duplicate copies, so I thought that is why they were removed. I was hoping that they would have replied to this as it wasn't immediately accepted, so I thought perhaps they wouldn't post it but just answer me direct.

• Posted

I have been reporting duplicate posts when I see them and can be bothered - the Report flag on every post brings up a menu, one option is Duplicate Post so when it happens to you you can report it immediately - it has always been an option. That's why some have been deleted. But there have been so many...

They also don't read every post and see the title - we are just one of hundreds of different forums which is why computer moderation is used to reduce the number of posts they have to check. If you want to contact the Emis moderator directly, if you see a post from him click on the envelope icon - that brings up his profile page with instructions of how to contact him I think.

There is a major bug currently, over and above the changes that didn't work out well in the first place, the developers have been told and (one assumes) are working on it. The Emis Moderator is aware - I messaged him on Tuesday morning when we hadn't been told anything on Monday. He'd been on leave and just got back - I suspect he wishes he'd not come back to work!

• Posted

I think a lot of "oldies" have flown to Health Unlocked UK. It's not so complicated to follow/posts on there!

• Posted

Hi all,

Yes I am still here and all of these issues have been reported. If anything new is noticed post a reply in here and I will see it as I am following this discussion or send me a PM, as Eileen says click the envelope by my name. I'll continue to look into examples for the devs and will chase up today.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Alan,

I hope you are having a good nights sleep. I am just starting my day, checked my emails first and was surprised there were no posts from Patient. As you can see there are answers on this post, but I have no notifications of them. They had been coming through after you sorted that for me once before, but have now stopped again.

Keep smiling Alan. We are all thinking of you

• Posted

Hi again Alan,

Notifications have just come thru on email. Not sure if someone your end fixed the problem or they just took the scenic route around the world to get here. 😃

• Posted

It's ghastly. I've hardly posted at all lately because it takes too much time. I check in daily and try to remember to "follow" new posts and read anything addressed to me.

• Posted

Hi all,

Just a note to say a fix has just gone out to sort the slow posting of replies resulting in duplicated posts. I am still checking notifications etc and will update later.

Alan

• Posted

Did you answer too soon 😃. Have you noticed this post has duplicated 😃 😃 😃. It does give us something to do which distracts us from our aches a pains.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.