Emotional wreck

Posted , 10 users are following.

Despite going to the hospital yesterday and being checked i still think im dying. Infact i know i am. I told the doctor everything and he didnt say much. He said he cannot find any signs of weakness in my muscles. Then i told him the stress i have at home..i have another hospital appointment on friday and im so scared because i know that they will tell me i have an illness and that i am dying.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sound like me a bit ago and it lend to anxiety disorder hell. U need to chill or u will get worse. I believed I had ms or a brain tumour and now I'm a wreck on fluoxetine but I'm getting there xx
    • Posted

But my symptoms are nothing like anxiety ones, they are pointing towards a neurological problem. I do have anxiety, but i believe there is somethig far more serious 
    • Posted

People with anxiety always do. Ms and brain tumour which I thought are both nero problems. 

I get 

Headaches 

Dizziness

Depersonalisation

Muscle twitches and weakness

Feeling of doom/death

Pins and needles 

It's hell! You can tell you have anxiety, I'm not a dr I can't tell u your OK but I can tell u iv been there had loads of hospital stays and always told its anxiety

• Posted

I have those but i also have problems with my arms, legs and the right side of my face 
  • Posted

Oh you poor thing. I know how difficult it is but you must remember how powerful anxiety is and how is does indeed produce actual bodily symptoms, just like yours. I have bad anxiety had allsorts of stuff going on and right now have this horrible lump in throat feeling which I've never had before. It's so scary and so real. But you have to try to keep calm and focus on the fact that anxiety can do mad things to you! X
    • Posted

Very true its dreadful iv had all sorts and now I darnt be alone and I'm due a baby in 4weeks so its not good at all . stay strong. Hope my meds work soon x
  • Posted

Te feeling you have is anxiety. Try and and relax and things will subside.I know its hard.

Try to distract yourself when it comes to mind. Listen to music, eat a sweet 🍬.

Anxiety wont kill you, its very unpleasant though.

If you were dying your Dr, Consultant would tell you they have to.

From the sounds of it you had a DR who listened which is very important. He heard your fears and tried to console you with the truth...you are fine. Xxx

• Posted

Stress becomes anxiety and anxiety makes stress even worse, try to calm yourself by slow and deep breaths while walking it out, don't stay still, distract yourself, get busy, do whatever you can think of but just don't ever try to google search your symptoms, never!.
    • Posted

What i find is that i "run". Like today, ive just walked out of college because indidnt want to be there so now im stuck with what to do because of anpther stupid desicion that i made without thinking straight!. 
    • Posted

Haha no i meant it in the term of like "i need to get away" so mentally i just do whatever. Like spare of the moment sort of thing 
    • Posted

Not at all. Im convinced there is definitely something as ive not been okay for months. It all started with thinking i had a brain tumour but then i had my eyes tested twice amd they said i was fine, so then i went onto anueysms and neurological diseases. However im now starting think again about brain stem tumours or parkinsons. This is all because my  left arm started to feel off then my left leg, and now the right sode of my fae feels weak and droopy. I also have headaces on the same side. But no matter what doctor i see they keep sending me back home. 
    • Posted

There, you just said it "it all started by thinking" anxiety works that way and in your case it manifested to a higher level of anxiety from prolong worrying, even though your not thinking of it anymore your subconsious do, thats why for some sufferer... anxiety attacks even in their sleep.

The weak sensation on arms and legs or front tighs I often feel it too, it comes and goes on its own and sometimes stays longer and accompanied with slight sweating, like clammy skin, for me that's one of the signs I'm getting anxious but I don't mind it much not even noticing it going away, ofc at first it freaks me out but later on I keep telling myself "I don't care if it hurts aslong as i can walk, I'm good with it".

I have headaches of many types, sharp shooting pain like migrain that goes away in a split seconds, random part of my scalp feels something is crawling or hair raising pins and needles, head pressure at the back or forehead that aslo gives me dizzy spells.

this are just a few of my own symptoms related to yours, if you ask me well I have a lot.

• Posted

I feel you.. About a week ago I went to the hospital around 3 AM because of a pounding heart(Which was from me having a panic attack), they took me back instantly because of a pulse rating of 187. They tried everything to lower it and it wasn't working like they expected it too, so they gave me medication by IV to try and relax me and sent me by ambulance to another hospital where I was on a monitor, had 2 ECG'S and blood work. They told my parents that everything was perfect though I had palpitations on the heart monitor which is from my panic attacks so I was sent home after 2 days and I still believe there is something wrong with my heart, I stand up and expect my heart rate to shoot up and it does so that causes more stress and I get so worked up over it, I make myself nauseous and I get really depressed because I fear I'm dieing I wanna believe it's all anxiety but I just can't convince myself..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.