Emu Oil

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone!

For all of you guys who prefer to go the natural route in somewhat combating the LS this is for you. I have mentioned before that I use castor/lavendar/coconut oils (mixed together) to treat any burning or discomfort I have and also as my daily moisturizing. About a week ago I got what I think is referred to as an anal fissure. Just out of nowhere this thing popped up and boy was it painful. I normally don't moisturize that far back since I have never had an issue back there but I will from now on! I ordered emu oil and it arrived this morning. I immediately added the emu to my other oils and slathered it up and back. This is eight hours later and I don't have any discomfort anymore! I am thrilled and will continue to use it. I just wanted to share this and hopefully it will help others as well. I'm not dreading my morning trip to the bathroom! Lol..bless you all my fellow LS sufferers!😉

8 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thank  you, it is interesting to read everyone's different treatments.

• Edited

So glad it worked!

Thank you!! Desperate here for relief! I think this was my final deciding factor in purchasing emu oil. Did you buy EmuAid or a different brand? Please share what kind you used if you don’t mind! 

• Posted

Absolutely! I got it from Amazon..its Tropical Holistic organic 100% Emu Oil. 😘

• Posted

So glad to hear you got relief.  Whew!  I'm wondering if the Emu Oil is better than the Emuaid I bought which seems to be helping.  Thank you for this information. Next on my list.

• Posted

I have used both emuaid and emu oil and they’re both wonderful!  I keep emuaid on hand almost all the time. In fact,  this last time I ordered I got a big tub of it! I did find the emu oil helpful for some time though,  too, but  not quite as effective as emuaid overall. 

I find I need to swap up products or I start to get irritated from almost all natural products eventually. 

• Edited

Emuaid has more ingredients in it than plain Emu oil.  From what I've read, plain emu oil is readily absorbed through the skin, similar to jojoba oil.  Has anyone taken either emu oil or jojoba oil internally?

• Posted

Great concoction! Finding your own relief is a great thing. The itch can drive you crazy. My arms itch so much sometimes that I wake up scratching. And of course I'll have a bleeding spot sometimes after an intense itch

For me, Kenalog cream has been my rescue but I have to be consistent or the rashes will keep cropping up.

• Posted

Just FYI Jay, I have been using my concoction for about 6 months and haven't had a flare and it controls the itch. I don't even use the Clob anymore!

• Posted

As I said previously, I am interested in everyone's recommendations for Lichen Sclerosus.  I think what helps me with this web site, is I no longer feel alone.  I will be 70 in April and I only know of one other person with this horrible condition.  So this web-site has helped just in the knowledge as I said that I no longer feel alone.  It is a horrible condition and unless you have this condition then no-one can understand the symptoms in how they become so over whelming, you are not in control of scratching!  I am under a Consultant at the moment because on Thursday I will have a growth in the same area removed, so I will be able to talk to her about the 5 weeks of hell I suffered after using the first cream recommended by her and I have been told that I will have to use another cream to keep this under control, I am not scared to use another cream, I am absolutely terrified!  So reading all the replies and what other women have used for this condition is so helpful, thank you all.

• Posted

I like emu oil, its great!  I use it on my dogs too..if they get cracked paws.
    • Posted

It helped my cracked well you know! Lol😃

• Posted

Hi,

What quantaties of castor/lavendar/coconut oils do you use?

• Posted

Hi Geraldine

I have a small Tupperware container and mix up enough for about a week.

Organic castor oil..........1/4 cup

Lavendar............................1 cap full

Coconut oil........................1 teaspoon

Just recently added the emu oil......1 full dropper

I began using this mixture 6 months ago and have not had another flare since I was diagnosed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.