Emu Oil

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone!

For all of you guys who prefer to go the natural route in somewhat combating the LS this is for you. I have mentioned before that I use castor/lavendar/coconut oils (mixed together) to treat any burning or discomfort I have and also as my daily moisturizing. About a week ago I got what I think is referred to as an anal fissure. Just out of nowhere this thing popped up and boy was it painful. I normally don't moisturize that far back since I have never had an issue back there but I will from now on! I ordered emu oil and it arrived this morning. I immediately added the emu to my other oils and slathered it up and back. This is eight hours later and I don't have any discomfort anymore! I am thrilled and will continue to use it. I just wanted to share this and hopefully it will help others as well. I'm not dreading my morning trip to the bathroom! Lol..bless you all my fellow LS sufferers!😉

8 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sonya- I am 4 weeks diagnosed and hv used Emuaid and Emuaid maxx. It has relieved all of my symptoms and the hard anal fissure I had is now gone. Hoping with regular use to keep this at bay permanently. Hv not seen Dr since diagnosis, no steroids yet, they will probably want me to use those as it is standard protocol even though I hv no symptoms currently. 
    • Posted

That's great Karen! I haven't had a need to purchase Emuaid since my flares have been controlled with what I'm doing right now. I know lots have had success with It! I just don't want to get dependent on using the steroid creams if I don't have to even though I do have it. Thank goodness you have no symptoms currently! This LS is something else! 😂

• Edited

I have just been diagnosed with LS and I'm totally overwhelmed.I was wondering how long before I'll get relief from the itching? My doctor ordered a steroid and I'm really worried about using it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.