Encouragement no matter what stage your in this forum is here for you.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Waking up to days clear headed with no hang over and a good cup of coffee is time to be grateful to becoming alcohol free. My dream for my son. 

For many here struggling to stop each time the mind thinks maybe this time I can have a much stronger resolve than any time in the past. Always have hope.

I think a big part is clarity, finally admitting that no drink at all not just one. For some that reality one more drink knowing its to hard to stop.

If falling back into the cravings of alcohol we all know that the chemicals in the brain immediately start strategizing on how or where is the next drink is coming from. It's almost an out of body slow motion movie. For most the brain plays a mind twisting movie while watching yourself pouring the drink, while noticing how much everyone else has in their glass, as the glass finally reaches the lips the movie playing in the brain is already thinking about the next one.i have seen this happen with my son.

When around those who can drink without addiction for those with AUD feel jealous why can't I drink like a normal person. The mind triggers are set off by watching how everyone else is drinking and as the AUD tries to pace themselves accordingly. Then each glass turns into a goblet and all time is now consumed with how to drink more without anyone noticing.With all the cravings and triggers the on button is pushed & the off button has disappeared. Then Some go on home and drink more. So much wasted time & energy put into drinking. This disease effects so many and always ends up with more anxiety more guilt no sleep and illness. I miss who my son was before AUD.

PLEASE remember that you will RISE from this disease. If you remove alcohol from your life, anxiety will go away with time, the brain forgets the addiction and cravings for most. It will allow you to start working on You with a clear head.  No one never deserves to go through the self loathing all the emotions and fears. it's so debilitating. 

I want to let each and every one of you know that you are all loved by your families and they will always support your life, your heart as long as you give back! Even in small ways to start each give back will grow and grow into a better life you all need and deserve!

HOPE4CUREcheesygrincheesygrin

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi lovely lady....

What a wonderful and inspirational post...xxx you truly would make an amazing ALCOHOL SUPPORT WORKER....

You understand it so well, and you have a marvelous empathy for others....even when you are facing sorrow with your son....

You helped me so, so much when I joined this forum, I cannot remember how many years ago....but your name and many other regulars, make me feel comfortable to be totally honest....no matter what......

Thank you for the help you have given me, and your wonderful advice...and insight on the problem both mental...and physical.....it seems such a long time ago....16 years in fact ...since I was on my fourth and final section....I have come a very, very long way from how I was....

You are a star xxx Keep up your good advice...it truly is appreciated.....it will pray for you and your son....take care, always, lovely, lovely lady xxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Just saw this Dee,.💝

Remember the old saying, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger! Well I am her because my son is AUD. IF it were not for him I would never have known all the wonderful people and friends here!??

• Posted

Hi Hope4cure reading your post makes me feel so encouraged at this pre Christmas time..To know we can all support each other on our journey is so warming and I am so glad I stumbled over this forum a come of weeks ago. I have found the support incredible and hope I can give back ..Thank you 😊😊🎅

• Posted

We are so glad to have yo on this forum. Every time you heal properly some one it resonates thru the group . We all appreciate every contribution you make. Thank you for sharing.

• Posted

Hi lovely, friendly, warm,and very understanding lady....

MY sons CPN came this morning, I have been referred to the psychiatrist my sons see, we have known him for years....

I have been drinking again....not everyday, say three times a week, my hubby found a bottle of vodka in my bag, and lots of empty ones in my drawers...MY GP has been amazing, as she always is...she referred me straight away...

The psychiatrist actually knows anyway, I told him when he saw my son last week....I got very upset, I am struggling with depression, thinking of the future of our three sons...how will they cope ect....all three of them have problems, and the thought of the one who is last, and alone, haunts me....alleyway, I just wanted to open up to someone, and I know that each and everyone of you understands.....sincere regards....warm hugs....and much love and respect to each and every single one of you....many thanks ..xxxxx

• Posted

Take heart - this happens to all of us on here.  I have had my stash found several times by hubs - very demeaning experience.

One time I had finished a bottle of wine (in secret in the living room) other half was watching football in the back room lounge so was not aware of my little one man party.  I put the empty bottle behind the cushion on the sofa and he came in to have a chat at half time.  He sat down and said his back hurt and he must have pulled something.  Then he went behind the cushion and pulled out the empty bottle.  Mortified.

Yes we all understand where you are coming from and it is good to open up and  talk about it.  You have your sons you must stay strong for.  Don't let the depression get at you - it is sneaky just like alcohol.  But you have a really good doctor who is helping you and that is major in helping you. You have a very caring nature and obvioiusly a lot to give to people.  Keep giving xxx

• Posted

Hello Dee,????

start with first forgiving youself. Be honest. Children can really touch out hearts in ways no one else on earth can. be strong. no judgement her. It's ok to slip. The trick is to not toe start old bahaviors you have the choice to find help,and you have.😃

?? Take time to write it all out in your journal.it give so much meaning to move foreward. Set one goal for today. I am very gald you reached out here. Xmas has so many stressors. Stay clear of stressors , triggers and go hug your son until you cried it all out, he loves you and cares for you very much.

Let go of yesterday. Today is a new day tomorrow is gone forever and a new day hour by hour,  all these issues are painful it's gotta be hard to let it go. Start with movin on your are a lovely sweet ,lovely beaytiful lady. Today is a new day to do what helped you stay clean today one step , one day , one minute  to find a better place.you are so lucky to have a home, family and hubs that lives you ! Blessing  for you for letting go of the negative and remain in positive.,stay so busy until you drop! 

We love our children their pain is there pain, your pain is yours two different things seperate and disassociate from your sons pain. there's always that one that really struggles they like you can be positive to heal only but themselves first. Your son has the power to change himself , just as only you did and will. Just as only you can! 

Dee self esteem and positive out look is who you have shown us all,for many years and the kindness , understanding and sharing your experience has helped us all. Dont  let anything undermine all you power and self esteem .When your opinion of yourself goes depression can take its place. And when fear takes our hearts we forget to give ourselves credit for what we have and have achieved in our lives. NEVER FORGET ! When we stop having dependence on others for our faults as well as our greats. Then become less needy and find an inner stability even when your world might be negative or uncertain at times. Ous sons are who they are and there is nothing we can do,for them as difficult as is it to accept that is when you can learn to not let the thought overwhelm you. Say in your head it's it wast is it. 

I am who I am and will be the best I can be no matter what's thoughts creeps a in my mind to set trigger to take my sunshine away. Never allow his pain to over ride your happiness. Youe have the knowledge and power and Xmas is a trigger!

Everyone I you family have a great happy positive day. The sun is coming up,  time to go out & make the sun shine, SHINE IMSIDE AND OUT !.??

Everyone else have a great happy positive day. The sun is coming up here time to go out & make the sun shine .

• Posted

hi Dee, ??give yourself all the credit for the accomplishments you have made. When fear take abhold of us self confidence plummenys and we need to remember that we are strong. Remember all that you did to accomplishment to acheive your sobriety. Let it go be who you are strong caring loving support system for your life. It's only your power over your life that  can bring sunshine. ?? Our children have the power to help themselves as hard as it is to accept . Just as you have the power to let it nor push your buttons.  Accept move on. Holding on to negativity and guilt undermines all the positives. LOVE AND HUGS ,😊

HOPE4 Cure

• Posted

If plan A doesn't work the alphabet has 25 others! Stay cool. 

Hiloday Greeting 🎄🎄🎄🎄

• Posted

Hi my lovely, lovely friends.....so very many thanks for your kind...understanding.....loving words of encouragement.....the best people to understand, are the ones who have BEEN THERE.....

I HAVE NOT had a drink since Sunday night....so I am pleased about that......MY hubby found a half bottle of brandy, in my bag, ( I found out this morning when the CPN WAS HERE....he never said a word....and MY GOODNESS ...what a difference, no stress, no comments, just understanding.....I felt such a huge relief, my sons were great also, as was my sons CPN....

Anyway,...I will get there again, I have to !!!! As the horrible depression the next morning is the worst, most awful part.....

Well, you all know that feeling lovely, lovely people and friends....once more, many, grateful thanks for your kind words.....

Much, warm, sincere love to you all...I feel that I know you all personally by now.....keep up the good fight my special, and much respected ...admired....and wonderful friends......dee xxxxxxxxx

• Posted

??Dee you have been so honest and have more courage than I,could ever find. Your generous heart and ability to be kind to youself and others is overwhelming.

No more suffering I get it. Your strength and dignity will carry you thru.. You have such a kind and helpful family. It's you that have shown them the way!

Hopexxxx

YOU are admired and fight a good fight! A very precious friend you are to many DEE. 

• Posted

My lovely friend....your beautiful, understanding and sincere reply. Moved me to tears.....but nice ones.....

Thank you from the very bottom of my heart...truly.....

You also inspire so, so many others, you have pulled through so much, and give others such great hope, and peace of mind.....

In my heart and prayers always, lovey....

And to all of us on this forum....we ARE GOOD PEOPLE.....JUST A LITTLE OF TRACK..... MUCH LOVE, ONE AND ALL....DEE XXXXXX

• Posted

??Hi Dee, As usual no one could have said it any better. Ur the inspiration here always accepted by others and always giving to all. There are more good days to look foreword too &enough time to do all you want to do wink

No matter what, YOU have the strongest heart and ability to to know where and who you can count on. For so much I am so grateful for this day. 

Many prayers and blessing sent your way. 

I am sorry you were having such a hard time but I am proud of you & your accomplishments! You know what you want & what you need to do - good for you!!! Please feel free to dump your worries & concerns here anytime.

Hope4Cure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.