End of Week One - Completely Fed Up

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Guys,

I started the tablets last saturday, have stuck to 1200-1400 cals / 30g fat per day, have cut back from about 8 coffees a day to two, am drinking close to 2 litres of water per day, am doing 30 mins to an hours brisk walking per day from no excercise and have weighed myself this morning and lost one pound!!

I know one off is better than one on but from reading the incredible stories on here and peoples weight losses in the first week / month, i was expecting more than this.

I have had invaluable advice from RR all this week and in no way have i cheated at all but am feeling soooo demotivated now as i normally lose about 5lbs in the first week when following a diet without taking orlistat in addition.

Am going to stick at it for a month and see how it goes but if anyone has got any ideas as to if i'm doing anything wrong or another approach to this, i would love to hear them as am feeling really s**t about myself now.

Thanks x x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Try not to be too down on yourself.... As you say 1lb off - is good..... and it takes more than a week for results to kick in I think! And the 5lb that you 'usually'lose would be water.... that 1lb is fat! So smile and stay as positive as you can.... It will happen albeit slowly - it will happen... Taken me 3 months to lose 1 stone.... Nothing the first month!!!!

You are doing really well - you are changing your lifestyle and changes will start happening for you - your body will start to change shape, clothes will get easier fitting etc..... Do not concentrate too much on the scales - but how your body is feeling to the changes you have made biggrin

Good luck smile

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words, i'm trying to remain positive but its hard when you think you've done really well and you step on the scales to find out you've not done so well!

Oh well, next week is a new week!!

• Posted

What Enilorac said but - the 2 litres of water thing. You don't need 2 litres of water, you need two litres of fluid a day, that includes your coffee and liquid from fruit and veg.

Weigh yourself first thing in the morning - before you have a drink - you will probably find you are 2Lb lighter.

• Posted

I always weigh myself first thing in the morning sad

I so disheartened after all the hard work i've put in this week i've only lost 1lb

• Posted

You have still lost a Lb.

You have not gained anything, you have lost some weight. You are not going to loose hughe amounts every week. I certainly don't and some weeks I gain a Lb or two but the general trend is down.

keep going you can do this

• Posted

Thanks sashh, i'm going to give it a month and see how i get on smile
  • Posted

Keep going - I'm only 10 days in and lost half a pound first week but really noticed inches. I feel that I have lost weight over the last few days (I did sneakily weigh myself this morning - about 4 lbs - but my scales are different to WW ones).

Keep it up as it will be worth it in the end.

Have a good week.

Louise :D

• Posted

Hi Hippo

What I did was put my scales in the loft so I now don't weigh myself - I just wait for the four weekly visit to the doctors. In the past I got disheartened when I used to weigh myself on diets every week, sometimes every day. Now with waiting until I go the Docs you get four weeks loss all at once. I have been averaging about 7 to 8 pounds a time which would only equate to 1.5 to 2 a week. But when told you have lost half a stone it sounds great and really inspires you to continue. You need some strong will power though, hence why I put them in the loft. There have been times however when I have thought about getting them down.

Try my method and see how it goes.

Regards

Andy

• Posted

Hi Andy,

thanks for that, it sounds like me!! A couple of days this week i've been on and off the scales throughout the day even though i know your weight goes up naturally throughout the day.

I've got digital scales, i'm thinking of taking the battery out and getting my hubby to hide it to remove all tempation :lol:

• Posted

I've just replied to your home email

Ruth xx

• Posted

Its nice to have a place where we can find others who have the same issues!

I haven't weighed myself [i:a0d6ff7f2f]yet[/i:a0d6ff7f2f], as its only the 4th day (well 5th if you count the day I forget to bring them with me)

But I'm having just as hard a time with finding the right diet.

So far I've managed to get my fat to 30 g a day, and I will try to figure in calories, but I don't even know which value you should read, the kj or kc? surely a kilo calorie is x 1000?

is this doing anyone else's head in??

• Posted

it's the kc figure - we always call it calories in this country but technically you are right that they are 1000cal units not 1cal units
  • Posted

RR - if the kcals any time say more than 1, which they do on anything not plain fruit or veg - surely that is all you can eat in one day then, if you are trying to stick to a 1200-1500 calorie limit a day?

Thanks ahead for any advice - I am just trying to get my head around this! :roll:

• Posted

Don't worry too much - if it says 20 kcals on the packet, it is 20 calories in the normal world so you count it as 20 when you are adding up your daily intake, not 20,000. LOL
  • Posted

Hi

I'm still on the blueys after 3 months now and I have lost nothing and only once in that time did I see the Orange oil. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong either?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.