Endometrial Polyps

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone been diagnosed with endometrial polyps? I've had these my whole life, but my new doctor says I should have them removed. Since this is surgery that requires putting you under, I am hesitant. Plus this only bled once for one weekend after menopause. 

Sometimes I think it will just create more problems and I should leave them alone.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, Debbie,

I can understand that you're hesitant.  Surgery is a scary thought.  Since you haven't had any trouble yet, I can understand why you'd want to pospone.  But, some things don't get better.  Endometrial polyps can grow and cause all sorts of problems, pain and bleeding for one thing.  

I'm not sure whether they can become cancerous.  Someone with more experience with polyps might comment on that.

Best of luck to you, and I'm sure that you'll make the correct decision for you at this time.  xx 

• Posted

My name is Michelle in menopause I don't no if I have an answer but I had a transvaginal ultrasound which showed fluid in my cervix. The gyno who gave me the test said everything is fine. I went to another gyno and he said he wants to do a procedure that puts me under. I'm terrified and think the doctor wants to make $$$$

What do you think? Thanks Michelle

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

They are so routine with their tests and surgeries. Right away they want to cut things out.

i read you other thread too. As far as fluid on the cervix...did they do a cervical biopsy? How was the Pap smear?

ive read some things where people declined the removal of non-cancerous polyps and never had another problem.

i mean, I didn't even agree to the surgery and was told to make a "pre-op" appt with the surgeon. Who said I agreed to this?

keep me posted.

i work in a medical school and am very close to the gyn's. I will see what they say about fluid on the cervix. Never heard of it before today.

• Posted

Hi, Michelle,

I meant to reply to your other thread, sorry.  I am wondering if the doctor said there was fluid accumulating above your cervix.  The cervix is essentially a passageway between your uterus and your vagina. The reason for the fluid could be because you have an irritation or an infection or some other reason.

I think the doctor's wondering why you're accumulating fluid, and the reasons for it.  He may want to do a hysteroscopy to be able to view the top of your cervix and the inside of your womb, and perhaps to do a cervical and uterine biopsy.

Perhaps the doctor is concerned and trying to be thorough?  I had to have a hysterectomy last year, that was extremely timely.  I am very grateful that my doctor was concerned for me.

Best of luck to you! xx 

• Posted

Hi Lynda I remember speaking with you last year you have been such wonderful caring role model on here with everything you have been through your still help us all xx how are you now xx I'm glad you popped up on here I was thinking of you when I came back on this thread xx

• Posted

Hi Kerry,

It's so good to hear from you! Thanks so much, I hope I help in some small way.  I received such loving support from everyone on the site while I was going through my diagnosis and surgery last year!

I hope you get everything sorted soon!  It's hell to wait, I know. Please let me know how you do, and private message me if you want.  I'll support you in any way I can!  

((BIG HUG))

Lynda

• Posted

Thanks for your response. I had a Pap test in October 13 2016 and it was normal. Then I had a transvaginal ultrasound which showed small cysts and fluid in the cervix. These were the readings from the radiologist. I called the gynecologist and spoke with his nurse and wanted to double check if the doctor said anything abnormal about fluid in my cervix and he documented everything was fine. I only went to him once so I don't no how thourough he is. But his nurse said nothing to worry about. Yesterday I saw the gynecologist who gave me my Pap test and he said he cannot check my cervix for fluid because it's small due to menopause and that he would have to diolate my cervix in the hospital under anesthesia which I'm terrified of and look and see if he sees anything abnormal. What's your thoughts? I'm a healthy women in menopause. I heard fluid in the cervix is nothing to be concerned about. What's your advice. ?Thank you. Michelle. BTW....what do you no and think of out patient medical centers? Is anesthesia safe?

• Posted

I am in the dark I've never been under either I am mentally drained reading all the stories on google xxx god bless us and pray he brings us through our worries with his healing hands xx thinking of you xx

• Posted

Hi Debbie I to have discovered a polyp last year but I had a bleeding heavy in January I so I to have hytroscopy and aD&C and a polyp removal under a GA has my cells have changed so not to scare you that 7 months later and already a change I hate the thought of it all and I'm scared but I know it has to be done I'm on the waiting list as a day patient xxx thinking of you god bless us all 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

I'm going in tomorrow for a hysteroscopy as they think I have a uterine polyp. I also have 2 fibroids. They are going to remove the polyp whilst I'm there. It's being done with gas and air and possibly a local. They tell me a general isn't necessary. I've agreed with it because there is a bit of doubt that it's a polyp and they need to check it anyway but I am a bit anxious. I'll let you know how I get on and if it's easier than you imagine!

• Posted

All the very best angie I will be praying and thinking of you 🙏🏻🙏🏻God bless xx

• Posted

Hi Angie,

Good luck tomorrow.  You are doing the right thing by getting what's going on seen to as soon as you can! I know that it's making you anxious, but then you will know what's happening!

Please let me know how you get on!

• Posted

All over. There was a large polyp which has been sent off for testing plus a smaller fibroid. Both were removed. I managed without pain relief - it was painful but I just went to my happy place!!!! The consultant thought the polyp had been there a while and could explain a lot of my symptoms so I'm glad I did it. Don't let the thought of any pain put you off. It's a relief to know that everything else looked normal!

• Posted

If they would remove mine without putting me under, I would have it done. They will not. You are so lucky. Glad to hear you are fine!
    • Posted

Good news angie I have thought about you you are very brave all the best xx
    • Posted

Thanks for letting us know!  You are one strong woman!  I would have begged for anesthesia!  smile 

I'm so glad you did it, too.  It's better to know than not know!  Take care of yourself, and let us know how you get on!

• Posted

It makes you wonder why! My doctor just says it's easier and routine. Easier for him, not for me. Yeah, I feel like a routine object, where he goes from one to the next.

• Posted

Exactly Debbie I'm strong had to kids with out gas and air all natural and a abscess removed off my lower back pain from that was brutal I can do this without going under give me a local anaesthetic any day 😊😊😊

• Posted

It makes you wonder what is on the "giving birth" forums. We should check them out simply out of interest. Three kids here. Polyps removed from my cervix. Tests that they poke things in, pull things out...all without any pain-management.

• Posted

They underestimate us ladies we're stronger then the medical profession think 💪💪????🙏🏻God bless us xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.