Endoscopy coming up really scared and really bad aniexty

Posted , 8 users are following.

hello everyone so my appointment is on the 9th of Jan and I'm so so scared literally dont know how I'm going to have this done !

I have really bad aniexty and scared of going to a check up at hospital so dont no how I'm going to do this but I have to do it to see what's wrong with me

having this done in uk and I'm having it done with sedation 100% basically just need people to tell me its okay or what it was like with sedation please am so scared

thanks in advance for replies

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Danny, i'm in the UK and had mine in October. I was also very scared, but i'd like to reassure you it wasn't that bad at all. I had sedation and it really helped. Please try not to worry too much, the thought of it was

much worse than the actual experience.

• Posted

hi sarah thanks for ur reply, I'm just so worried about it evan going dentist I gag and dont like it just so scared

• Posted

Hi bud

i had endoscopy done last May and i can say i was exact same as you, but honestly its nothing to worry about i opted to be not sedated and it was completely fine for me, so with you chosing to be sedated your be absoulety fine, youll just be in a daze and wont know whats happening, be in and out within minutes, trust me! 😃 its just the thought of it thats the worst part but honestly once your there, you will be looked after and be over an done with 😃

• Posted

relax! There is nothing to it and nothing to be afraid of..simple, quick procedure.. Sedation is the best way to have this done..you go to the doctor, they take your vitals, insert an IV, take you in a room, have you count backwards, you are out! 20 minutes later you are done and waking up then go home. They give you something small to eat, juice, crackers, cookies they give you a choice...The doctor comes in, tells you things went great, tell you they took a few biopsies (which they all do, normal) it can take upto 2 weeks to get the results, all normal..I freaked over this procedure and it was nothing! I might say the easiest test I ever had... I might add the best sleep I ever had! Please do not have anxiety over this! stop reading online about this test as I did..Its all B.S!

• Posted

I really hope it's this simple tbh I'm so worried like so bad just want to fall sleep and wake up when its finished I really hope I can do it

• Posted

what wasnt pleasant? there is no pain! there was nothing to it!

• Posted

hi Nancy I didn't say something was unpleasant the person below commented it wasnt pleasant

• Posted

hi I had one done in the UK 2 years ago, like you I was terrified, I was sedated, it wasn't pleasant, but it was so quick, it wasn't painful and at last I knew what was wrong. don't worry it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

• Posted

when u say wasnt pleasant whys that see this scared me to no this I'm just so worried

• Posted

im sorry I didn't mean to scare you, the thought of it is unpleasant, they really are kind and know how to make you calm, please try not to worry, it's really not as bad as you think, once you have the results you will be able to concentrate on getting better

• Posted

I had this same test and it was completely painfree. I was worried for nothing. I had the best sleep ever and woke up feeling calm and rested as if nothing even happened.

• Posted

I had this same test and it was completely painfree. I was worried for nothing. I had the best sleep ever and woke up feeling calm and rested as if nothing even happened.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.