Endoscopy coming up really scared and really bad aniexty

Posted , 8 users are following.

hello everyone so my appointment is on the 9th of Jan and I'm so so scared literally dont know how I'm going to have this done !

I have really bad aniexty and scared of going to a check up at hospital so dont no how I'm going to do this but I have to do it to see what's wrong with me

having this done in uk and I'm having it done with sedation 100% basically just need people to tell me its okay or what it was like with sedation please am so scared

thanks in advance for replies

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hey danny! I just got one done today and to say I was none stop crying for two full days before hand panicking about it as I suffer with anxiety and fear of chocking I only just started swollowing tablets a year ago never mind a camera! but honestly it was a breeze! I had sedation and throat spray and I only really felt it when it was coming out and it hit the back of my throat and that made me gag a tiny bit but its over ever so quickly!

I had about six people in the room with me all lovely and reassuring I know your probably going to still panic until its over its natural to but coming from me who has been a massive baby about it I can honestly say if I had to have another one it wouldnt bother me at all you will be fine I promise you, you are stronger and braver than you realise when you have to be 😃

good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.