Endoscopy Experiences

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone, please share your experiences with the endoscopy procedure, I have one coming up in June as they are unable to find anything wrong with me according to several other tests that have come back clear, however I have had abdomen discomfort and dull pains for about a month.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear sarah

I want to share my experience of endoscopy with you I was so terrified even by the name of that I even ran away two times ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚ somehow I gathered some courage I was so sick those days and this was the only way to find out and get diagnosed right, my endoscopy procedure was a piece of cake they sprayed something to my throat before the procedure this made my throat numb and seriously I din felt a thing it's so strange even when I think of it today coz I have such a bad gag reflex even then I dint even felt a thing., so I would just tell you one thing just relax and don't worry everythings gonna be fine. I pray for your better health and speedy recovery take care and do revert your experience with endoscopy take care.,.,

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words, it means alot, why did you get a endoscopy done?

• Posted

I had issues with weight loss I have lose 11kg weight in one month, appetite was gone I felt gassy all the time but I had no pain though, severe nausea and all of those endoscopy report showed Antral gastritis with mild erosion

• Posted

Have you healed from it and how did you heal ? how long did it take?

• Posted

It took almost 3 months to heal I was given medication named domperidon, rloc 150 for erosion and one course of medication to control anxiety cause you know when you have GI issue anxiety comes along with it

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I have one scheduled for May 16th and I'm already petrified. I'll let you know how it goes for me.

• Posted

Hiya

Don't be scared, do ask to be sedated which means you will need to be driven home, your throat may be sore for a couple of days. Try to avoid reading or listening to any negative stories it is a very routine procedure and over with in about half an hour. It will give a definative answer to any stomach issues (it goes as far as the duodenum). You will be just fine, stay positive and all will be well๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

• Posted

thank you so much, just scared of getting a reaction to the sedative

• Posted

Hey Sarah,

I had to have an endoscopy on my birthday of all days haha it was totally chill. they drugged me up and i didnt feel anything. my throat was a little sore for the rest of the week but that was it. best of luck to you!!!

• Posted

HI,

I had an endoscopy done earlier this year due to some mysterious GI symptoms (never actually got an answer from the procedure). I was terrified to get it done and i even cried before it at the hospital. I was sedated for my procedure and dont remember anything. I watched them inject the sedative into my IV and then I was waiting to feel some kind of effect but wasn't feeling anything. Next thing I was aware of I was being wheeled out into a recovery room and was just very groggy until I had gotten home and taken a nap after which i felt a lot better. Although funnily enough after speaking to my doctor apparently I was awake through the whole procedure and did great I just dont remember any of it. Overall it wasn't a fun experience or anything but nothing to be afraid of and believe me I was afraid for my life before I went in there. Trust me you will be fine I didnt even have so much as a sore throat after the procedure and hopefully you can get some answers and peace of mind about your symptoms! Good Luck!

• Posted

I had nausea to the point of dry heaving. Gnawing pain in my upper stomach and occasially gas. Still no answers and it has been nearly 2 years since the symtoms began. I now manage the symtoms with a combo of PPI's and acid reducers like pepcid. I am in the process of finding a new doctor and hoping to finally get some kind of diagnosis.

• Posted

All of these have started on April 2018 loss of appetite, sever nausea, loss of weight I have lose 24 pounds in one month, I felt gassy all the time in my upper abdomen I am terrified even today thinking about it. But yes I haven't experienced any pain though. I have never had any health issue besides this and believe I have lived through hell in those days thank God am OK now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.