Endoscopy Experiences

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone, please share your experiences with the endoscopy procedure, I have one coming up in June as they are unable to find anything wrong with me according to several other tests that have come back clear, however I have had abdomen discomfort and dull pains for about a month.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I had an endoscopy several years ago in the UK. I was given some sedation and my throat sprayed. I remember being asked to swallow, then I don't remember anything else until someone said "it's all over", and 20 minutes had passed. I was given a report which said hiatus hernia and mild gastritis, and a cup of tea. I didn't even have a sore throat, and my brother drove me home. It was easy for me, and as long as you have someone to drive you, I would recommend sedation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.