Endoscopy Problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had an endoscopy 3 days ago : 1 day ago I started to feel soreness in my stomach , just below the rib cage ,especially when I push on it -- The resultsof the endoscopy were that I had H----, for which I have not started to take the meds as yet . I am concerned that something was stirred by the procedure ???

Carl

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Carl....  I'm sorry but I can't guess what H stands for..?.. and hence can't think what could have been stirred by the procedure other than a bit of minor bruising inside or similar??  After all a foreign object with a camera has been inside your workings...  I'm glad you have a result for which hopefully there is meds for to settle it/cure it or other options maybe in the future to get rid... All the best...
    • Posted

Hi Deb

Thanks for the reply -- It is H-Pylori-- I never heard of it ?? didn't seem to have any symptoms before the procedure ?? now I am told a course of 3 different antibiotics for 2 weeks will take care of it .. This H-pylori was uncovered during the biopsy results from the endoscopy -- sorry I got the endoscopy , didn't have these symptoms before --

Thanks

Carl

• Posted

Deb

It was H-pylori-- It is recommended that I start a course of 3 different antibiotics 2x daily for 2 weeks .

Thanks

• Posted

I assume the H is H-Pylori bacterium?

It;s unlikely your pain is a result of the endoscopy as it would have been apparent sooner. It could be the bacteria was distrubed by biopsies? So I recommend you start the course of tablets now.

If you do think there's something sinister about your pain, talk to the doctor about it.

• Posted

I did call him -- told to start the course of 3 different antibiotics for 2 weeks to rid it ?? Seems like the biopsy or procedure stirred things up .
    • Posted

Seemed like alot of meds for no symtoms -- showed up in biopsy .. during endoscopy .

Thanks

• Posted

You have no rectal bleeding correct. This was an upper GI or a lower if it was an upper and you were bleeding he probably get nauseous and vomiting up some blood or coffee ground looking blood at some point that's what they should be calling you for post up in asking did they do that. What meds did they give you. And if it's antibiotics you are to get on probiotics ASAP.
    • Posted

No bleeding -- had an endoscopy-- just seem to have soreness in stomach now -- told I have h- pylori and need to start on course of 3 types of antibiotics, twice a day for 2 weeks to get rid of it ?? Seems like something was stirred up from procedure . ?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Carl

I don't think the procedure has anything to do with your symptoms, as they are generally  very safe . I think if they found infection caused by H Pylori bacterium then you should go to your GP and start the eradication antibiotic therapy asap & finish the course as prescribed. i hope you get better.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply -- It just sems that I got symtoms that I didn't have before the procedure I was concerned that biopsies did something . The H pylorium was found by the biopsies -- I had no symtoms . NO heartburn, or gerd -- went there because I spit some blood a couple of times -- No evidence of that was found . Also I question whether a 2 week treatment is necessary of 3 ddifferent antibioticsand than prilosec for the rest of my life .

Carl

• Posted

Hi carl

I don't think you'll need to take prilosec for the rest of your life as these are to control symptoms if you have any that is. But I would certainly take the 3 antibiotics as prescribed for 2 weeks to get rid of the H pylori infection.I don't want to scare you but this bacterium can cause stomach ulcers, gasritis & stomach cancer if left untreated.I hope this helps you.

• Posted

Is it usually 3 different antibiotics 2x daily for 2 weeks -- sounds like alot?

Carl

• Posted

Standard treatment for H-Pylori requires a combination of antibiotics and, as with all antibiotics you must complete the course, even if any symptoms go, or it will come back.
    • Posted

Hi

I've got a question -- I finally started taking the antibiotics yesterday(saturday)-- got sick to my stomach and experienced some dizziness?? I didn't take them today(feel fine) -- probably should call doctor on Monday --

• Posted

Hi

Since you have been nice enough to respond -- I need to ask ?? have you heard of anyone experiencing pressure underneath the sternum area -- ??? It will be 2 weeks on Tuesday since the procedure . This started in the past week -- Doctor is on vacation --

Carl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.