Enlarged prostate

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all

I just needed some peace of mind.

Around 18 months ago I had the frequent need urinate this cleared up on its own after a few days.

In the last 6 weeks it has been happening a lot and have been to doctor and they have said I have enlarged prostate. I have been made an appointment with urologist. Doctor said psa test were fine.

Since then I have lower back ache, leg pain down thigh front and back and I think it's testicle discomfort but it's hard to pin point.

I am 39 years old but wondered if anyone has had these symptoms and what the outcome has been been

Am petrified

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

As others have said it sounds like prostatitis. Sorry its a very unpleasant and debilitating illness. I have it, it clears up for a while but then returns. I have taken saw pallmetto for years but only recently have felt that it was doing some good

( took it on wifes incistence) changed brand to a premium organic one produced by a swiss company and now feel it is having some beneficial effect. Hope your urologist has more interest then your family doctor and you soon feel better. kind regards, Phil.

• Posted

Well. The urologist checked my prostate and said that he doesn't see it as any concern and is normal size, shape and texture.

Urine test showed no infection nor blood which is good

He has booked my in for ultra sound on prostate and also scope to ensure that my bladder is fine but in his opinion I have an overactive bladder which is causing the symptoms.

He has prescribed me medication for the bladder and have appointment to see him towards the end of February after all results are back.

I also have had an ultra sound appointment this Friday to check for groin hernias.

He does not think I have any prostate issues at this stage but will wait and see what the next few weeks bring.

Thanks all for your comments. Has been gratefully received

Kris

• Posted

When the tech does your ultrasound, ask what they see. Try to get them to tell you so you don't have to wait. They may tell you

• Posted

Allow me to preface my remarks by saying I am NOT a medical professional.  That said, It sounds like you could be symptomatic for prostatitis; especially the symptom of tersticular discomfort.  I'm a believer in second opinions.

• Posted

Hi.

I think that I agree. I have another appointment in 6 weeks with a different urologist. As from my research I am under the impression that it is too. However I am not medically trained either!

The other symptoms have calmed but testicle discomfort is now the only thing I feel. Sporadically too!

Thank you

Kris

• Posted

Hi all

Going on from this I received a letter from the urologist to my gp.

This letter said that the prostate was small and spongy? Does that sound right?

Since the last reply my pelvis and testicle dicosmfort have gone but now I have feeling like my shaft is blocked - does that make sense? And i do feel the need to wee but it dribbles out sometimes and other time s a full flow. It's been 2 days with this new discomfort.

I need to go back as I feel that I have infections but nothing showed in urine and blood test and also scans on bladder and kidneys were fine. The hernia ultra sound I had last week was also clear.

I am so confused now. I do not have enlarged prostate. Does this sound more like uti or prostatitis.

• Posted

Sounds like you need a scope. Guy I worked with had a normal sized prostate. Had same symptoms. Then one day he couldn't pee. He put off going to the ER long as he could. Figured it would go away and he would pee. It didn't. Went to ER his prostate had grown in on itself. Didn't feel hard , wasn't enlarged. They did green laser to open it up. My symptoms started out like that to. Fine most days. Dribble some times. Then it got so I could hardly pee at all. When it get to the point I was waking up every half hour to pee I said that's enough. But mine was enlarged.

• Posted

so hi everyone - been a while 

weeing has got better and finally had flow test!

volume was 623cm

Flow time 40.5s

Qmax - 29.7mls

Qmean - 15.3mls

TQ MAx 3.7s

can anyone tell me what thisactually means?

my next appointment is schedule for 3 weeks!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.