Enlarged Uterus

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone

I had a pelvic CT scan on yesterday and everything checked out fine except the dr. said my uterus was slightly enlarged. She said this is sometimes normal during perimenopause because of the hormones. But I've been having really bad low back burning pain , I don't know if it's from my stomach gastritis or could it be from the enlarged uterus.

The burning radiates to butt and legs..so so irritating. Have anyone ever experience this?

The pain pill doesn't seem to help but when the dr. Gave me the anxiety pill it seem to help alot.

It burns more if I sit , lying down seem to decrease the burning pain. Could this be part of perimenopause or what?

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

what was the anxiety pill did he give you that actually helps it? My anxiety is through the roof! 
    • Posted

It's called hydroxyzine back 25 mg, the only thing it puts you to sleep.

• Posted

Hi sounds like nerve pain and yes its common in menopause ... you can get it pretty much anywhere .. ive had it all over including face.. also have Burnt Mouth Syndrome which is just nerve pain in your mouth, Getting quite alot in my soine at the moment .. seems to move around as you progress through menopause. Can be quite upsetting when its bad and find that clothes rub and make your sore as your nerves are on overdrive. It does tend to come and go i find as time goes on, but at first it did linger . Oain meds dont help but the old type anti depressants do.
  • Posted

Hiya it may be best to check with your doc ? I'm sure all is well but it doesn't hurt to ask. With regards to burning pain in bottom and down the legs -yeah! I be had this a few weeks now and it's really getting me down. My hips especially feel achy and nervy and my right hand side and all down my back. Just gets stuff as a board or just aches and aches. I've found ibuprofen helps but what pill are you taking Hun? Xxx

• Posted

Yes I have had this burning pain and still get it on and off.  I don't recall them stating I have an enlarged uterus though.  Mine started in the bladder, it felt like someone pured acid in my low abdomen....then it seemed to feel like vaginal....and it radiated.....I had ultra sounds, swabs and cultures done and it all came back negative.  I saw urologist, Gynocologist, GP, natural practioner, and acupuncturinst, all seem on the same page and say hormones.  I started keeping a diary, and it seemed worse either right before, or right after and sometimes ovulation...all of which are times the hormones fluctuate.  I even feel the sensation come behind my belly button, at one point I thought I had a hernia.....You have no idea the thousands I have spent on trying to stop it....I will say at this point things are a lot better. I still get symptoms but not where I was...I feel acupuncture has helped me a lot.

• Posted

Linda mine also started in the bladder removed to stomach and back. I also have gastritis (inflammation of stomach) don't know if it's from this or not. I noticed it radiates to the legs sometimes

I trying to get through this..its like for the past 3 weeks or so i haven't had a good day without some kind of sympton. I am thinking about acupunture also. I remember the belly button sympton too. It's amazing what hormones can do to the body. Some women have no problem but unfortunately we are one that do.

What sympton has the acupuncture helped you with?

• Posted

Oh I know, I always thought all we were supposed to get was hot flashes, but apparently there is more to it.  Mine went on for several months before it was confirmed it was hormonal.  I have found the acupuncture has helped with the back pain, hip pain, knee pain, and the burning has lessoned, I still get it, but there are some months I might get it for a day or two in which I used my vaginal cream.  The belly button feeling comes and goes, some months I get it for a few days in a rowm and others it comes and goes sparatically.   I find the progestrone cream has helped with my anxiety, and I sleep better now.  It was awful before because I had no idea what was causing it all and so I had no direction on how to help with the symptoms.  
    • Posted

Yes Linda it is as how the dr.s and others focus only on hot flash but menopause comes with with a variety of symptons. I'm glad you are feeling better.

• Posted

Dear Linda

Thank you for your reply. This is how my burning starts a year ago . It started in my groin area and then leg . I have been seeing probably all possible doctors doing all possible tests and MRIs. So far no one can tell exactly what causes it . I have hyperactive thyroid . I have beef diagnosed a year ago but my thyroid levels under the control . Yes these burnings come and go . I have them in different areas like around my neck and my arms and my back . I also have stiff neck and sometimes face . I am reading a lot and burnings have been described by many people who go through perimenopause . I am gonna be 51 in one month . I still have periods but they became 20 days apart . So I am hoping that it all will get better for all of us .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.