ESA

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone I've got my ESA assessment tomorrow.

Bit nervous but im sure il get thru it.

Just wondering I've been claiming ESA for 3 years now but as the amount of ESA has changed since April for new claims will my benefit amount change if I'm successful in being granted it again?

Or am I right in assuming it's the same amount as I'm an existing claim?

How long is it taking for people to receive decisions back Also?

Thanks guys

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

The new rules won't apply to you. They only apply to those who claim after April this year. Decision times vary massively and no one can really give you a time frame. Good luck for tomorrow and hope the decision is in your favour.

• Posted

Hi Denise.

Bit confused with your answer to Stacey concerning new rules to ESA. Understand it mostly, but i thought the new rule was anyone claiming ESA on the support group BEFORE April of this year won't have to have a face to face again. Or have I misunderstood what the government said about continuing f2f meeting is a waste of time and money.i thought the new rules about monies were applicable to the wrag section of esa and not the support group. Probably me got it wrong somewhere. Anyway best of luck to Stacey.

• Posted

Thank you and I'm currently in wrag will update you if anything changes with regards to payments smile

• Posted

Hi Ian I was in support group over 10 years yet scored nil points got m r overturned but feel justified to go to tribunal to get back in support group
    • Posted

Hi Ian,

What you heard regarding the f2f assessments hasn't even begun yet. Everyone still has be reassessed what ever group you're in or condition you have. That max amount of time before reassessment is 3 years.

The new rules are for those that started their claim after April this year who are put into the WRAG only. Those who are existing claimants in the WRAG group who are kept in there after another f2f their money WON'T change. They'll still be on what they were on before. For NEW claimants only being put into the WRAG it's the extra £30 per week that they won't be getting. New claimants will now be claiming the same as JSA per week. Hope this helps.

• Posted

If you're kept in the WRAG your payments won't change because as stated above it's for new claimants only.

• Posted

Hi I was on esa 10 years support group saw a horrible woman at face2face got letter 9 days later scored no points money stopped letter said go find job Monday, I was I shock !

My mental health suffered I needed more meds due to stress and anxiety, however I knew she'd lied on report and said things that weren't true so I got into fight mode and wrote 13 page letter and got the support of my MP and hospital and went for Mandatory Reconsideration and won !

Still not had backpay but in answer to your question it is a case of morals and principles so if it doesn't go your way don't get too disheartened you'll get there eventually, Good Luck 😉

• Posted

Thank you for comment and I'm sorry to hear about ur struggle.

As what I've learnt over the years with the dwp it defo depends on who you see on the day.

My pip was refused the lady who did my assessment fabricated everything I said.

I went for the mr but was refused again on the grounds that I only take low dose medication but I am sensitive to medication so low dose is needed in my case.

I will get a copy of the report. Does anyone know if you can just turn up to the assessment and record it on phones or does it have to be sorted before hand?

• Posted

No you can't just record an assessment without arranging it before. If you do record it without them knowing your assessment will stop. Phones aren't allowed to be used to record assessments, even when arranging it beforehand. You must supply proper recording equipment if planning on recording the assessment and make to copies, 1 for yourself and another for them. Hope this helps smile

• Posted

I heard they need a weeks notice to consider recording interview Stacey could you take a representative with you say c a b?
    • Posted

Hi Angie York

Glad to hear you eventually won your case. Good for you. Can i just ask, did you go for your f2f before or after the government deadline of April? Only ask cos of my circumstances.only been on support for just over a year which meant i had my face2face, passed it and assumed because passed before the deadline they would be more lenient in the future. All the best Ian.

• Posted

Ian please see my post above. You'll still be reassessed the same as everyone else. Please have a look at your award letter it should tell you on there when your reassessment time is. The longest amount of time is 3 years before reassessment.

• Posted

Ian what deadline of April are you talking about? i'm sorry but i'm confused. The only thing that's changed in April was payments for new claimants placed in the WRAG.

• Posted

Hi Denise.

Sorry i confused you with my post about 'deadline'. Wrong use of word, suppose should have said cut off point. Stacy didn't say which group of ESA she was in, but she did say in later post she's in wrag group not support group which I'm in. Hope that makes it a bit clearer. Anyway.. I've always assumed in support group the claim is always "open ended". By that i mean there is no definite timescale involved, meaning it could be 12 months before reassement or more than 3 years. I found my award letter from last year(my 1st assessment and 1st f2f). It gives all the usual details but believe it or not no date of reassement. So don't know what think of that! Think I'll let sleeping dogs lie for now.seems like mistake on their part. Not to worry. Anyway sorry again if i confused you, hope you well.take care Ian.x

• Posted

Hi,

No worries. I'm in the Support Group and no it's not open ended and never has been. Max award length at any one time is 3 years obviously people do get less. They can still reassess at anytime they want. As for your re-assessment yes i wouldn't be contacting them anytime soon either lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.