ESA

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone I've got my ESA assessment tomorrow.

Bit nervous but im sure il get thru it.

Just wondering I've been claiming ESA for 3 years now but as the amount of ESA has changed since April for new claims will my benefit amount change if I'm successful in being granted it again?

Or am I right in assuming it's the same amount as I'm an existing claim?

How long is it taking for people to receive decisions back Also?

Thanks guys

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone that was the worst f2f I have ever been to I could of cried in there I'm so glad to be home!

That assment woman could see I was in distress and she still continued with the assessment.

She asked me the same questions over and over again but at different times of the assessment seemed like she was trying to catch me out or as if I wasn't being truthful.

I suffer from sever anxiety she did a memory test spelling test and maths test don't know how or why she did these?

I didn't do well on them as I was so anxious.

I have been to pip and ESA assments and that one by far was the worst.

So glad it's over just waiting game for results now.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear it wasn't great for you. Did you take someone with you? Yes they do those memory tests a lot. I had them on each of my assessments. I think she was trying to catch you out on the same questions, another thing they seem to do a lot. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the decision and that it goes in your favour. Please do let us know the outcome smile

• Posted

Thank you.

Didn't have anyone with me this time no it's horrible all the questions the worst part is she sort of came across as my best friend trying to have a laugh and a joke with me but I wasn't laughing. She seemed really shady like trying to trick me she asked me to open the blinds at one point?

God knows why.

• Posted

I have no idea why she asked you to do that. Do you have any mobility issues?
    • Posted

No none at all the whole process seemed really strange today.

When do you think I can get a copy of the report do I have to wait till it's gone thru to dwp?

• Posted

Hmm then i have no idea. Yes you have to wait until the paper and digital copy have been sent back. Leave it a few days then ring DWP and ask them to send you a copy.
    • Posted

Hi Stacey.

Just read your post. Sorry you feel didn't go well for you. For what it's worth when i was on old style incapacity benefit i had a separate benefit i had to claim for and every 12 months I'd get a letter asking to go to local assessment centre for a f2f and medical.every year i was nervous and worried about what say. Yet passed it. Sometimes I wonder if it was done to upset me to the point I'd give up claiming. But why should I with my illness.know it's easy say, but try not let it get to you.its done now and other options are still available. As we say in my part of the world, chin up duck, don't let them grind you down. All the best Ian.

• Posted

Thank you smile

I will update on the outcome when I get the dredded brown envelope thanks guys

• Posted

They're horrible aren't they so humiliating I felt like I was on trial and got in panic state yet she said calm throughout lie after lie , your not alone Stacey it's happening to many , I've just found out being on Work activity I'm loosing £100 every 4 weeks I was on Support group no change in fact got worse partner not able to work to look after me i will fight with every bone in my body , good luck Hun

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.