ESA form and face to face assessment

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ok I filled out my esa claim questionnaire form in march. 

I am due a face to face  assessment in the next fortnight but since I filled out my questionnaire my condition had worsened and I have a few more disabilities  that have developed and it means that I didn't tick them on the box on the form .

For instance when I filled out the form in march I said I could walk more than fifty metres but now a few months later my condition has worsened and I cannot walk that distance.  So when I have the face to face a assessment in a couple of weeks will they go off what I put on the questionnaire or will they go off what I tell  them at the face to face .

It's been six months since I filled out the questionnaire .

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's been six months, your condition is not going to stay the same.  I would look at what was submitted and update my copy, make one for them.  Please have all doctors updated information regarding your condition.

• Posted

Hi Paul. Update things stating how your condition effects you now. Make a copy for them and hand in into Reception when you arrive. They will submit this with your file or ask you to hand it to the assessor. Also take any new evidence from your doctor or hospital. The assessor will read these and use them in the assessment. Good luck.
    • Posted

Sorry I should have said that my assessment is tomorrow and it's a face to face assessment at my home they are doing a home visit . So there is no way I can make ask for another copy for me to fill in as I will never get it in time . I was going to tell them about all the new conditions when the assessor comes to my house . 

Will they take these new conditions into consideration ?

• Posted

Hi Paul. Just make sure you have everything down in black and white for the assessor. All your evidence from GP hospital etc. Ask the assessor to sign a declaration, ( you could write one out ) to say they have received your new evidence. Put the date and time on this also. Good luck. Let us know how things go. XxX
  • Posted

Julie is correct, if you don't write those changes down (especially the extra ones)  and the HCP doesn't include them in your report then if you need to start the appeal route you won't be able to include them then. Make sure YOU also keep a copy for yourself and add your NI number to anything extra you give.

• Posted

Julie is correct, if you don't write those changes down (especially the extra ones)  and the HCP doesn't include them in your report then if you need to start the appeal route you won't be able to include them then. Make sure YOU also keep a copy for yourself and add your NI number to anything extra you give.

• Posted

Sorry I should have said that my assessment is tomorrow and it's a face to face assessment at my home they are doing a home visit . So there is no way I can make ask for another copy for me to fill in as I will never get it in time . I was going to tell them about all the new conditions when the assessor comes to my house tomorrow. 

I could write the new conditions and how things have worsened down on some A4  sheets of paper and sign it and give it to the assessor . I also have copies of  doctors letters explaining my new and worsening conditions that I could give to the assessor when he comes to assess me at home tomorrow . Will doing it this way will they then take all this new conditions into consideration ? 

• Posted

Writing then down on a sheet of paper is good but giving them your drs letters without making a copy for yourself is a risk because the don't return the evidence you gave. Do you not have anyone that could copy them for you? You've left it rather late as your assessment is tomorrow. They should take your new evidence into consideration but whether they do is a different matter which is why having a copy of what you give them is really important. If these new conditions aren't put down on your file then you won't be able to ask them to be taken into consideration if you need to take the appeal route.

• Posted

My concern here after giving this more thought is that because you haven't written those "new" condtions down on the ESA50 form i'm not 100% sure if they can even be taken into consideration, altho i maybe worng. I've tried googling the question but it doesn't come up with anything. The problem is that these HCP;s can be crafty and decide not to add this condtion and you are found fit for work then you won't be able to use those new conditions at any appeal stage. Your worsening conditions will be fine, backed up with that extra evidence.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I will write everything down in black and white and make lots of copies . I'm going to give one copy to the assessor when he comes tomorrow and I'm going to send a copy to DWP first class next day delivery so they can put it on my file . I will do the same with all doctors letters as I had a made copies 

• Posted

Be aware that sending these to the DWP after your assessment as sometimes a decision can be made before they reach the right department. Post going to DWP goes through a mail sorting process and can take 7 working days to arrive at the right department and put onto the computer, which may mean that the DM will not have seen them before a decision has been made. I have tried again to find info on those new conditions but haven't been able to find what i'm looking for. Did you also look at your appt letter to see who's doing your f2f assessment? As adviced in your other post. Good luck.

• Posted

Most of the condition were already present and have just worsened 
    • Posted

Most of the conditions were already present but they have just worsened 
  • Posted

Denise is right. You need everything copied if thats possible. Although it is late do you have access to it know someone who can copy these for you. As the more evidence you provide. The better it will be.
  • Posted

Most local libraries have a copier available to use .Here they will charge a nominal fee but this would ensure you kept copies of all medical notes. Citizens advice offices will also provide this service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.