ESA form and face to face assessment

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ok I filled out my esa claim questionnaire form in march. 

I am due a face to face  assessment in the next fortnight but since I filled out my questionnaire my condition had worsened and I have a few more disabilities  that have developed and it means that I didn't tick them on the box on the form .

For instance when I filled out the form in march I said I could walk more than fifty metres but now a few months later my condition has worsened and I cannot walk that distance.  So when I have the face to face a assessment in a couple of weeks will they go off what I put on the questionnaire or will they go off what I tell  them at the face to face .

It's been six months since I filled out the questionnaire .

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my face to face assessment at home last week a lady turned up who told me she was a doctor . 

I explained all my conditions etc .

As the assessnent went on she said she would not keep me much longer as she could see the pain and distress  I was in .

I handed over to her all my doctors letters and also a letter I had wrote explaining how my conditions had worsened . I asked her if she could sign something saying that she had received my documents she said there is no need for me to sign anything I can assure you I will be attaching  all the documents to my claim she said I need not worry she said I'm going to put in a very strong case for you . 

Well we will see what happens .

• Posted

Hopefully she's true to her word, as you already found out very often they're not. Good luck and plz let us know the outcome.

• Posted

Yes true I'm taking it with a pinch of salt what she said , but I'm glad she was a doctor and not a nurse like I had for my pip assessment . At least a doctor will know and understand my condition and the medication I'm on . The nurse that did my face to face lied on the report and wrote done that I was not receiving any medication for my condition whereas the doctor I saw spoke in detail about my medication. 

Like I said though I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt .

Thanks for your reply 

• Posted

You can also ring DWP to send you a copy of the assessment report, however i'm fairly certain that for this they won't send it to you until after a decision has been made.

• Posted

When I had my pip face to face assessment I rang them up two days after the assessment they said they had the report and they sent it out this was before I had my decision sent to me . So is this the same for esa. 

Also once they have the report the dwp can actually tell you on the phone what the report says they will read the report out for you on the phone so you don't have to wait for it to arrive in the post and you know what it says 

• Posted

As i said above yes you can ring and ask for a copy of the report BUT i'm fairly certain that with ESA they WON'T send you the report untill after a decision's been made.

As for them reading the report over the phone to you, no thanks. I'd rather have that report infront of me so i know esxactly what what said. I'm never great at taking the info in when someone is reading something to me. I have to read it for myself for me to understand something. Besides it's always good to have the report to either start the appeal route off or for the next review.

• Posted

Yes I meant they could read it out to me over the phone but also send it out to me so I have it if I need to appeal 
    • Posted

Oh I didn't know that they will not send out an esa report until the decision is made unlike pip where they send it out before the decision if you ask 

Thanks for the info 

• Posted

I spoke to DWP today I asked them if I could have a copy of my report they said to me the will not send a copy of the report until a decision has been made so you was correct 
    • Posted

Thanks for confirming that. I was fairly certain that was the case because it happened to me a few years ago and i also heard it's happened to a lot of others too.

• Posted

Yes true but it's different with pip they give you your report before decision if you request  it 

• Posted

Yes just as i said it was. PIP is a totally different benefit that's why.

• Posted

Yes its that's right what you said .

Anyway I have had my face to face assessment now for esa so I will wait to see what the outcome is . The report will probably be full of lies the assessor will probably say that I didn't even have a wheelchair even though she pushed me around my house for it and will probably say I am not even receiving any pain killers even though I asked her to pass me my morphine as I couldn't reach 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.