ESA Medical Assesment - Decision timeframe

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I've been on contribution based ESA for over two years and due to mistakes with DWP only received my first home assesment two weeks ago. I've been on the assesment rate all this time. Can anyone please explain what happens next, I understand the groups etc and was lucky to have a great doctor who assessed me for over an hour also explaining she could clearly see I was unfit for work. Thanks

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

going back to my friend who  lives in a universal credit area. so if she claims universal credit while waiting on an appeal she must agree to be to be fit for work to claim universal credit ? which would contradict what she is appealing the very fact she is not fit for work. 
    • Posted

People claim UC weather they are fit for work or not because it's replaced all the means tested benefits, except Council Tax Reduction. If she did get found fit for work and claimed UC then as i said she will never be able to go back onto ESA.

If at all possible then waiting for the MR decision could be a better choice because once the Tribunal have accepted the appeal then you can go back onto assessment rate for ESA.

Hopefully she won't be found fit for work and none of this will apply. If she then she should cross that bridge when it happens.

• Posted

thank you very much for much appreciated advice lisa 
    • Posted

No problem and it wasn't Lisa that gave you the advise, it was myself Denise. Confusion does set in when posting questions on other peoples thread. Glad i could help.

• Posted

Thank you denise. trust me to post on a 2year old thread on my first posting. I will have a good look at all of the rules before jumping in with both feet again. Thanks again for the info. kind regards James.
    • Posted

You're welcome James. There's no rules to posting here, it just makes things a lot easier for those helping you to answer the questions if you start your own thread. It also helps others get less confused too. Take care James.

• Posted

I had a medical today the 24 will I still get paid next week
    • Posted

As stated on your other post, it will continue until a decision is made. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.