Esa question

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi does anyone no what the new criteria is for esa and not having constant f2f medical as my health is not going to change

2 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm afraid not. All i can tell you is you must be in the Support group, and a decision will be made after the next re-assessment. It was announced last October, i believe and i only know of 1 person that has been given this life time award so far. The criteria is very strict and i do know 1 of the criteria is that unless you have an offical diagnosis of a life long condition then you will not be given this award.

Things like severe and progressive MS, Parkinsons, Motor Neurone disease, severe acquired brain injury are the types of diagnosis that are included.

• Posted

Hi thank you its just i have a life long enduring mental illness that will never get better on esa ive only ever had paper based assessments because of my supporting evidence you see thats why I wondered
    • Posted

No problem.

Unfortunately you will just have to wait to see what happens after your next re-assessment.

• Posted

Hi Daz

I have been in the support group for 18 months after applying for a reconsideration and help from a law centre this is now due for a review. My condition has deteriorated over the passed months have evidence from doctor and hospital letters. I suggest your get as much evidence as possible to back up claim and hope for the best. I agree it's hard getting into the support group.

Look luck Sharon

• Posted

Hi Sharon, Daz is already in the Support Group. He was asking a question about the new rules that came in last year, about those that may never need another re-assessment.
    • Posted

Hi Denise sorry didn't read it properly I don't know the new rules but if you can tell me I would be gratefully.

Sharon

• Posted

I'm afraid i don't know them myself. I only know what i posted above. I do not know the full criteria, and was unable to find it. Like i said i've only ever heard of 1 person being given this life time award. The criteria is very specific and there's not many people that it will apply to.

• Posted

Thanks Denise I will see what I can find on the subject and if I do will post it.
    • Posted

Hi Denise

Had my assessment on 22nd Feb home visit then got a text on 26th Feb PIP have received the report should hear from them in 4 weeks do think they have made a decision yet was thinking of calling them this morning to see if they have what do you think?

Sharon

• Posted

Hi,

I would think it's a little early for that decision yet but you can ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you. Good luck.

• Posted

Is this first time applying or review?
    • Posted

Did you ring to ask for that report to be sent to you? That will give you an idea what the decision will, they mostly go with the report and award what's recommended.

• Posted

I haven't done because by the time I get it roughly 10 days I should of got a disission do you think I should still call and ask for it?

• Posted

Yes, that report can be very useful if the decision doesn't go in your favour. You'll need that for the Mandatory Reconsideration. Hopefully it won't be needed of course, but it'll be there if you do.

• Posted

I really would have no idea sorry. I know you're stressed waiting but 9 days really is no time at all. It all depends on backlog like i said.  It could be a 4 weeks or more yet. Did you ring for that report like i adviced?

• Posted

9 days isn't not long at all because you can't count weekend, they aren't working days. The report will tell what you want to know. If they've received both copies back at DWP a copy will be sent to you, hopefully. If you don't receive it by the middle of next week then ring and ask if it's been sent.

I can't help you anymore than that, unfortunately. I just claim benefits like all of us here.

• Posted

Thanks for your advise if I don't understand the report I will contact you again

• Posted

Received assessment report please are you able to confirm the likelihood of my continuing my mobility and living allowance. These are his comments

Preparing food - needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal.

Washing and bathing - needs assistance to be able to get in and out of bath or shower.

Dressing and undressing - needs assistance to be able to dress and undress lower body.

Managing toilet needs - needs to use an aid or appliance to manage toilet needs.

Communicating verbally - needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to speak and hear.

Moving around - can stand and move more than 1 meter but no more than 20 meters either aided or unaided.

It says that functional restrictions affecting the mobility activities identified in the report is likely to have been present for at least 3 month.

The functional restrictions affecting the mobility activities identified in this report is likely to remain for at least 9 months.

Based on the claimants likely future circumstances it would be appropriate to review the claim in 3 years. It also states that my condition is likely to deteriorate and functional restrictions is also likely to deteriorate and a review period is recommended.

I would also like to ask in 3 years time I will be 66 years old so would I need another assessment.

At the moment I get higher rate mobility and lower rate living allowance would this change.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks

• Posted

What you need to look at is what boxes either have a tick or dot in them and NOT the comments. You then look at the pip self test and compare them against that by putting a dot in the boxes on the self test the same as what's in the report. It's the dots and ticks in that report the decision maker will go by and not the comments.

• Posted

To answer your other question about another review because of your age, unfortunately you'll continue to be reviewed regardless of you age. Totally different to what DLA was.

• Posted

All the questions I asked you about had black dots next to them does that help you to in answering my questions?
    • Posted

It's very easy to work it out as i adviced above. Please google pip self test for yourself to check. I worked it out as 11 points for daily living...standard and 12 points for mobility...enhanced. Please do check though.

Mostly they go with that report, as it's rare to go against it.

• Posted

Can you help me on another issue about ESA? After a mandatory reconsideration I was placed in the support group for 18 months to be re-referred in 18 months time. This expires in July my questions are

Will they send me a form to fill in again before July if they don't would they stop my money. Do you think I should contact them now. What exactly is re-referred mean would I have to go for another assessment. Thank you for advising me on my issues you are very knowledgeable

• Posted

Lots of people go way of with reviews for ESA. 18 months doesn't mean they'll contact you by the end of that time. If you go over your money will continue, it will never stop without an assessment.

My advice is not to worry and certainly don't ring them to ask because this may prompt them to send you another ESA50 form. I'm not sure what you mean by re-referred. For ESA it's like PIP, a review. When they do send you that form then you'll need fill fill it out like you did before, send it by the date stated because for ESA they do NOT allowed any extra time for returning the form. Most people for ESA need another assessment at review and the process for the review is exactly the same every time they send you the form. Evidence will be needed.

The good thing with ESA is they can't find you fit for work without an assessment. For now, try not to worry about it.

• Posted

Thank you so much I'll stop worrying and just wait and see what happens

• Posted

You're welcome! Yes please stop worrying. I do know that's easier said than done but try to put it to the back of your mind. When the time comes they'll send you that ESA50 form.

• Posted

I’ve never ever had an assessment for ESA and I’m in the support group, have been for over 5 years.  I’ve filled out 2 ESA50 forms in that time, don’t think I’ve ever been given an award time scale or date for review! What does that mean?  

I know all about points for PIP but I didn’t even realise you score points for ESA, untill reading on this. 

New rules sound good for people suffering long term, little less stress about dealing with the job centre 🤗 

• Posted

Hi,

When a person receives a decision letter for ESA they never ever put the length of time at the end. They do for PIP but not for ESA. The only way to find out approx when a review date is, is to ring ESA and ask.

There's no points for the Support Group, it's about satisfying at least one of the criteria, which you have.

For WRAG a person must score at least 15 points for this.  For each group there's also the special circumstances rules and it's regulation 29 for WRAG and reg 35 for Support Group.

I've been claiming ESA for almost 6 years and only ever had 2 ESA50 forms and 1 assessment in that time. I always tell people, don't worry about dates for ESA until you receive that dreaded form.

• Posted

Would you be able to advise on a question from a friend. She has just received her assessment report and on the back it says it would be appropriate to review the claim in 3 years as her medical is likely to deteriorate. Would DWP agree with this or could they make it longer if not would she have another assessment in 2 years time?
    • Posted

The advice would be the same as i gave you. They usually go with that report, even for the length of time stated. Review are done 1 year before the award ends. If the award is 3 years then review would be 3 years. It will tell you everything on the award letter anyway.

It's the point scoring she/he needs to look at because they can and will recommend a time even if there's no award, believe it or not. I've read plenty of stories where this has happened.

• Posted

I thought that if the report states 3 years for a review then the assessment would be a year before just so confusing
    • Posted

No, if the report states 3 years for a review it's 3 years. This means the award would be 4 years because they review 1 year before the award ends.

• Posted

Thanks so much will let her know your so good with your knowledge and putting people's mind at rest keep it up

• Posted

My report advised 3 years but my award letter off the DWP gave me 5 years. 
    • Posted

Aaaah thanks Denise , so that explains it then. I’ve read my letter so many times looking for points and length of time haha. 

Yes I’m not in a hurry to find anything out, leave it all be untill the letters come 

• Posted

So does that mean DWP could give me longer or shorter than what the report says?
    • Posted

Hi just got my PIP award exactly like you said 4 years with another assessment in 3 years thank you for your advise and help. Can I ask you when my ESA is due for renewal would I have to go for another assessment?
    • Posted

Great news! For your ESA then yes most likely as most people have an assessment for that too. Although there is more of a chance of not having one IF you send in enough evidence to prove the reason why you should be kept in the group you're in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.