escitalopram diaryI

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on escitalopram for 4 years for panic attacks and depression. I remember it took me around 7 months for my body to feel consistent benefits from them. I stayed on them 4 years and stupidly came off them with rapid tapering, I felt good for 2 months then the panic and depression came back so I went back on them. I started at 10 mg for 10 days then 20 mg after that. I am now 3 months back on it. At week 11 I started to feel good and  thought I turned a corner finally. I stayed good for a whole week then bam all the good feelings are gone and back to depression, anxiety, panic during sleep, no appetite. I feel bad for a week now. I will my diary from today, If there are people to compare with me it will be great. 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sherry... sounds kind of like myself.. even early in when I was in 2.5 then 5.0 then 7.5 then10.0 and now at 12.5mg. I get some relief but not everything.. like I felt good after side effects went away then something would crop up.. Bam 💥.. then I would increase., then the side effects..I’ve been on this journey sense Dec. 29th. 2017..and yes I do feel better in some areas but I’m experiencing low mood ..depression and no interest in things.. but I’ve had GAD and panic disorder and depression for sometime .. so I just figure if u have had it for years it’s going to take a while to adjust and for the meds to do their thing.. I’m 63 but very active but have been battling this for a very long time so I’m going to wait it out .. we humans want everything NOW...  and meds. Don’t act that fast for all accounts.. just st b patient and know u r not alone.. I’ve had to do my increase gradually because I’m very sensitive to all meds..just b patient Sherry.. and keep in close contact with your Dr.  and your pharmacist.. the pharmacist really knows how the meds work better than your Dr. The Dr. Prescribes thembut the pharmacist knows how they work in your system..post when u need support...😊

• Posted

Hi Nickie, You are right we have to be patient, I took escitalopram before and it took me several months to be really stable on them. 
    • Posted

How far in your journey r u? And how much do u take ..? Do u have GAD and Panic.. If u don't mind me asking... It helps to know other patients issues...

• Posted

I started 3 months ago, 10 mg for 10 days then upped to 20mg for about  12 weeks now. I have panic attacks while sleeping. When I am awake I feel constant anxiety in my chest or stomach. I also have low mood and lack of motivations. I do not think I  have GAD  which is recurrent noxious thoughts, I do not have negative thoughts of depression either. So basically I  do not problems with thoughts.                                             What gives me hope is I was on lexapro before and I felt good on it but it took me several months to feel better. 
    • Posted

nickie.. hi hope you are doing well..  i am still feeling sicky in the morning..  i feel good somewhat besides being nausaus in the morning.. but today it is still there..  i am on 15mg for 19 days now and i thought i was getting better. but this nausaus feeling keeps coming back..  HELP..  
    • Posted

jennifer.. The nausea will go away gradually .. Just hang in there girl .. U will make it...if everything else is calming down the  nausea will also...post when u need to..Take Care..😊

• Posted

I was put on lexapro because of feelings of panics, low mood, panic attacks during sleep and lack of appetite 
    • Posted

So it hasn’t really helped? Have u had your hormones checked.. sounds like it could b that if lexapro isn’t working ..also could b your thyroid..
    • Posted

i am going to get my hormones checked on wed.. already had blood work  my thyroid was fine..  i am going to my gyno for a consutation with her.     thanks for the info. i forgot to ask you that.. thanks nickie
    • Posted

I was on it before and it helped me and I was good for 4 years on it, then I thought it was time to stop it, so I weaned rapidly and after 2 months of stopping it all the  symptoms came back. So I am back again on lexapro for 3 months now. 
    • Posted

All my symptoms returned because I stopped it for 2 months after being on it for  4 years
    • Posted

Maybe stay on it at a low dose till u have tests ran that maybe your OBGYN may want to run on you.. Keep us posted.. Take Care..😊

• Posted

I too have been on escitalopram for 4 years, and are now reducing my dosage very very gradually to the extent that I take 5mg every 4 days. Am reluctant to come off altogether as have suffered horrendous withdrawal symptoms when coming off another anti-depressant in the past too quickly. Next month will be reducing to 5mg every 5 days and so on every month thereafter until I have finally come off them. 
    • Posted

Hi Christine , Are you sure skipping days is a good way  of weaning?  I hear some people  do not recommend it.

• Posted

Is there a reason u r coming off of Lexapro... If u started taking it for GAD and panic issues do u not think the issues will come back after u come off of the meds..? Just wondering... I would not want to go thru the process again...if u find something that makes u feel better why try to fix something that isn't broke..just curious as to why u r coming off...

• Posted

Hi, so far so good, not skipping but weaning off very gradually until there is no more of the drug inside me. 
    • Posted

Hi, have been on it for 4 years now and want to wean off it, the gradual reduction seems to be working. Am feeling better emotionally and physically and advised by my GP to wean off gradually. 
    • Posted

So Very Happy that u have come to the place in your life where u feel like u can do this.. I'm not happy that I've had to go on Lexapro but I tried for so very long night to do it on my own and with therapy but my quality of life just was not there.. And I'm not sure that Lexapro will work for me 100% but I've got to give it a try..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.