Esmya Tablets Fibroid Treatment

Posted , 151 users are following.

Hello I'm 44 and have recently been diagnosed with a 11cm Fibroid, my Gyno has put me on Esmya to try and shrink the fibroid, I just wondered if any one could me advice or their review as its fairly new treatment and can't find anyone who has tried it.

Thank you

9 likes, 605 replies

605 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Predictive text!! I meant 'to some'
  • Posted

Good luck with the operation Sue - what procedure have you opted for? I am only seeing my consultant on 19 March - got nine tablets to go and yes definitely tummy feels flatter!
  • Posted

I believe you should start taking Esmya during period - does that make a difference to that period and does it stop subsequant ones?
  • Posted

Hi Sunshinegirl - I had to wait for the pharmacy to get the tablets in as they didn't stock them so can't comment on the first period (as i was near the last day anyways) but since then have not had one which has been really nice and I am dreading coming off the tablets as it will then go back to the norm within two to four weeks.
  • Posted

Hi all

Home after hysterectomy last Thursday. Consultant had to do vertical incision as even though I felt the fibroid had shrunk, it was still big. Just glad it's over now. Hope all your treatments go well. Not sure if you have heard of it but a forum called hyster sisters is really good for information and help xx

• Posted

Welcome back Sue!

Hope you are feeling OK. I had news last week that I am in for op on 23rd April - so whether I got a cancellation not sure - I did ask if poss for op to be end of April to early May of else September! So now I keep worrying myself silly about it already. Hopefully I will start Esmya this week although obviously it would only be taken for 6 weeks as opposed to 12 not sure how much benefit it would be but at least my period would stop for my holiday (or at least I hope it would!)

Hope your experience was not too bad and make sure you take it easy. Let me know how it went.

Spring is almost here - it's sunny where I am today and getting warmer - it's amazing how sunshine makes you feel better

• Posted

Hi thank you for message. You'll be fine. I think, looking back now, just get it over with and start living life again without worrying any more. It's a massive thing, apparently my fibroid was anyway lol! It will be interesting to see if the esmya tablets do make differences - any shrinkage before operation must surely be good x
  • Posted

Dear all I have nearly come to the end if my first packet and just had a quick question. Did anyone have any

Break through bleeding or more discharge then usual. Hoping it works.

• Posted

hello Katherine, did Esmya works for you eventually? your fibroid shrink? because i also experienced breakthrough bleeding through the first packet. im about to start the 2nd packet but i doubt it will be a waste.

• Posted

Hello, everyone will be different but I can tell you that my fibroids shrank on Esmya and apart from some bleeding in the first month my periods stopped completely. I felt really good on it (probably because of no periods). I was on it 2 months. My periods have been much lighter ever since. I hope things get better for you.

• Posted

Linda, I appreciate your respond 😃 honestly i am feeling hopeful again with Esmya. When you said 'some bleeding in the first month' can i know the pattern? like mine, i had one time heavy bleeding with clots, to light bleeding, to none, to clotting, to none again. i can tell that i havent got my usual monthly period this month, jst this on/off bleeding. i almost complete with the first pack. so is it jst my body trying to adjust with this new drug?

• Posted

Hi, I was on esmya about 5 years ago I remember losing a lot of clots and I don't think the bleeding stopped much for the time I was taking it. It was before my hysterectomy so i think whatever it did for the bleeding which was always pretty bad for me was worth it in the short term until the surgery was done. Best thing i did was having the surgery no more mess and i was past the stage of hoping for kids.

• Posted

Hi I am 34 and have been given the treatment to reduce my fibriods. The largest being 7cm... I have taken the 3 months course and had my scan recently and it has only gone down to 6cm...

Rather disappointed with the result. Only side effect I got was headache.

• Posted

Hi

Katherine - I should start my medication over the weekend. Did you have breakthrough bleeding? I was hoping period would stop!

Lamypie - was the Esmya prescribed as a pre op medication

Sue - Hope you are OK and taking it easy. How do you feel a week on?

• Posted

Hi Sunshine girl, I am not sure if it was breakthrough bleeding or my period a week early. Hoping it stops my period. If it was my period it was a breeze of one day. Hope you get on with your tablets I should start my

Second packet this weekend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.