Estriol

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can anybody explain I have briefly looked into the 3 different hormones and I know that estriol is the less potent of the 3 and some ladies refer to estriol as non HRT ?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The Estring is a small rubber ring which is inserted into the vagina and stays there. It gives out a dose of eostrogen 24/7. The Estriol cream is inserted by syringe and is supposed to be used 2-3 times a week but i am using the cream virtually everyday. They are both alternatives to HRT.
    • Posted

Thank you for this valuable information I don't know what I would have done without these forums, and people like you taking the time and trouble to reply.

• Posted

Estriol is considered to be the safest oestrogen to take because, unlike estrone and estrodiol in HRT  (which are synthestic manufactured copies of those two hormone found in women) it doesn't increase the risk of cancer. Some doctors consider Estriol to be the safe, protective Estrogen. It is a mild estrogen that has been used in Europe for 30 years. Here’s what the medical literature states about Ovestin, a natural, Bio-Identical Estriol prescribed in Europe: “Ovestin contains the natural hormone Estriol, which is a weak estrogen. Unlike other estrogens, estriol is short-acting since it has only a short retention time in the nuclei of endometrial cells. Estriol prevents hot flashes, bone loss, thinning of the skin and vaginal membranes yet it is 1000 times less stimulating to the breast tissue than is Estradiol. Not only does it NOT promote breast cancer, but considerable evidence indicates that it may protect against and reverse breast cancer". Estriol is not the weak oestrogen as originally thought, it is just needed in more quantity. It is a protective oestrogen that balances out the action of the other two oestrogen in the female body.

I have been using ovestin vaginal cream for a few months and it completely cured my vaginal dryness, painful intercourse and shrivelling vulva (look

• Posted

Sorry, didn't finish my post.

My vagina and vulva look and feel much younger again! And sex is wonderful.

• Posted

Hello, I cannot thank you enough for the time and trouble you have taken replying to my post , sending such in depth information about the hormone estriol, no one including the medical profession has given me so much valuable information, I did briefly look at estriol but didn't manage to capture the information which you have supplied, you have given me so much hope, I was at the end of my tether after having my first ML but also having unfortunately to take a form of HRT I wasn't happy taking thankyou so much take care.

• Posted

Once a day (before you go to bed so it doesn't drip out and has all night to work) for 2 weeks and then twice a week from then on. It is very good for trusting vaginal issues because it stays mainly in that area and very little is absorbed systemically.

• Posted

Do you use any other creams on remaining five week nights? Do you find Ovestin stings?
    • Posted

Ovestin doesn't sting me, much to my surprise because almost everything else does. Any water based vaginal moisturers or lubes and any conairning hyaluronic acid sting me. Vagifem pessaries made me swell up so much I couldn't even get my finger in. But Ovestin is fine.

Every time I go to the toilet I apply coconut oil internally and externally. Once during the day I also apply vit e oil. Every night before I go to bed (except those when I  use Ovestin) I insert a key e pessary (pessaries made with coconut oil, palm oil and vit e oil).

• Posted

I believe that estriol is a bioidentical hormone and has been used in Japan and Europe for some years. I don't know if it available in the US. Where do you live?

i think it is used in the vaginal cream because it is particular good at supporting sexual and urinary health. Studies in Japan show that it reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and increases bone density.

• Posted

There r 3 estrogens a woman produces 

estrone-E1

esreadiol-E2

estriol-E3

e3 is the mildest and can be measured during pregnancy otherwise it is not really measurable. Being that it goes up during pregnancy it is believed that it may be a relatively harmless estrogen

• Posted

Hello SharPharmD

I had a question as it sounds like you may understand your hormones.

The ratio is an interesting proposal.... the estrogen to progesterone

we are all dropping in our hormones as it is expected to be.

At what level and at what point do we maintain these hormones...

For menopausal women it should be between 1.2 - 3.3 for estradiol

and for progesterone its should be between 100-300 mg

Ratio Pg/E2 should be between 100-500

Im happy taking bioidenticals, im just so out of normal in my ranges that i dont think i can get enough progesterone to even balance it out. (will be having a consult with the pharmacist/bio identical lady soon enough)

Your thoughts?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.