estrogen cream

Posted , 11 users are following.

10 week post op for bladder prolapse, saw dr yestetday all good finally said I csn run a marathon hahaha, did put me on estrogen cream, has anyone ever used this and if so any problems at all? I haven't used it yet

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi dianalou,

Glad to hear all is healing well; just to say I was put on estriol topical tablets/cream for to help thicken walls and scar tissue.

No side effects and had heard that it can interfere with synthetic hormone replacement of thyroxine. Not had my levels checked recently, do feel a little more tiered and slight swelling of abdomen area but that could be other things.

Anyhow all worth it as scar tissue no longer nippy and hubby says I'm glowing, and looking younger although I may dispute that!

Thought maybe my hot flushes were worse but that could also be me drinking too much coffee as colder mornings coming in. Anyway been on for just over 3 months, weaning me off this month as not suppose to be on longer than 3months, can go back on after a month.

It helps with thinning walls and if taken before and after repair helps with repair healing.

I also found I was very dry where scar tissue is and

It helps with that too.

Take care,

Phyl x?

• Posted

Oh thank you so much feel glad to hear ill start on that tonight then appreciate the help
  • Posted

Hi, I used estrogen cream befor my repair operation and I had no side effects , I was told I could only use it for 6 weeks , good luck with your recovery .
  • Posted

I am about 10 weeks post op as well. Week 3 I had a great week and felt normal. Week 4 felt like I had prolapsed again, felt uneasy. Saw the dr and she said it was still intact. It went away by week 5 and my cycle started. I was completely symptom free from week 6 to 8. These last 2 weeks I have felt either urgency with walking or just a rubbing sensation. Sometimes both or back and forth. Those seem to be better and in the last 2 days feel a painew almost like when you wear pants that are too tight. Slight throbbinf sensation that comes and goes on left side. Have you felt a back and forth with symptoms in your recovery? Does this sound normal. Can you feel your bladder at all slightly. I can still push mine up slightly. Have an appt next week. What do u think?
    • Posted

Sounds like me yez, I saw dr yesterday said I'm foing fabilous was very Happy said looks great down there and the cream will help with the urine urgency, cause I still get up at night thinking I have to pee. This will help so om gonna start the esyrogen cream tonite

• Posted

Did you have periods of feeling normal and then symptomatic again? Did you have any pain long after surgery? I guess I just want to make sure I'm normal and not messing things up.

• Posted

Did you have pain after weeks of being normal? Why do they think the estrogen cream will help urgency. Sorry for all the questions. Just so concerned
    • Posted

The first two weeks of my surgery I had a real bad bladder infection, high fever feet swollen, blood pressure high stomach lookec nine months pegnant, finally got antibiotics, pain meds, so actually I really had no pain from the actual surgery, finallyAfter The infection was gone I finally was able to start seeing If I actually had any symptoms from the surgeryAnd I didn't I had stool softeners So I started pooing Regularly The first week home after surgery And my urinationI took that easy Because I didn't want to mess anything up I was very cautious on everything Considering I had no sleep for 2 weeks Because of the infection I had So one week I would feel ok The next week I would feel not good again The doctor told me that was normal And not to do too much Because you would feel it And I knew what he meant by that Because if I was up and about for a couple hours I couldn't wait to get back on the couch I felt like everything from my waist down was draggingSo I'm at 10 weeks post-op now And I saw the doctor yesterday He said everything was great He was very impressed And he put me on the estrogen cream that's not permanent Because you can only take it for up to 3 months And that is supposed to take care of everything in your pelvic area Since I have already been through menopause I have no estrogen left But other than that everything you are saying about how you feel is exactly Everything I went through It is perfectly normal So nothing to be afraid about I hope this helps

• Posted

Because there is nothing That holds up our insides in the pelvic area And as we get older That's why everything starts falling the only thing that holds up a woman's area down there is estrogen it keeps everything tight And we actually should be on this estrogen cream for the rest of our life I still have my uterus So the doctor definitely said I should be taking this so I don't need a hysterectomy and I will definitely be taking it because I am not going through any more surgeriesAs far as pain I really never had any pain whatsoever Did you get the mesh The doctor used a brand new mesh that has just come out And I guess it's supposed to be real good so but I really didn't have any pain now from the surgery and everything was done on the inside of the vagina

• Posted

I just want to say  when I had the prolapse pre-up I found the cream very useful in easing the symptoms or general discomfort. I was told you could only use it so long have a break then again etc and  this went on for several years. When I saw the consultant pre-op he said you haven't been using enough cream and I said well I didn't like to  as I was told not to etc. And he was cross ..well not with me ..he said I can't believe this is still being said ,there have been new trials ,new research ,it hasnow been passed as totally safe , it does not enter the bloodstream and you can stay on it for life twice a week every week. This  is one of the top urogyaenogologists in London. After the operation  which was great,I asked do I need to take the  cream now, I know you need to wait a few weeks but then it helps with healing, and he said you must take it for the rest of your life. I am postmenopausal, probably important to say . When I saw my normal GP I told her this as hadn't  seen her for some time and she said yes that's right , that is the new instruction now, really everybody over 50 should be on it ,it can only help to strengthen the tissues. So I stay on it and think it helps a lot.

• Posted

Oh my thank you So much Because I'm 60 years old And I'm already done with menopause And no one has ever given me estrogen cream So I am so glad I found this gynecologistI will be starting my cream tonight for sure Thank you so much I am so glad I posted this

• Posted

Alybee, it's good to know that advise has been updated and can and should be used continually as it is now viewed as safe.

I was told could stay on longer as long as the dose was being reduced, but still worried about throxine levels!

Thank you for posting .

• Posted

My Dr told me to start using the cream also. I'm 6 weeks, after surgery for two prolapse. 51 years, went three menopause early at 46. My physician said not to use the applicator, to use your finger to put a dab inside. I wish I had ask exactly what they mean. Does anyone else get the same instuction?

• Posted

I have no idea I'm using applicator maybe cause your 6 weeks.that's strange, I'd ask him.I'm starting mine tonight

• Posted

They gave me samples, she threw away the applicator to make sure you didn't use it. I will call and get them explain how.... Thankssmileu

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.