Etizolam similar to Zopiclne?

Posted , 16 users are following.

So I'm looking for an alternative to Zopiclone and I have come across Etizalam. It's apparently used for insomnia in India and Japan and has been for years. It is not a controlled drug in the UK and easy to get hold. Has anyone heard of it? Tried it? Would love to here your thought as I'm tempted to try it. 

2 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I asked my doctor about the Ashton plan he didnt have a clue what I was on about is this not available in the UK
  • Posted

Do your research first think this could be a legal high wouldnt ever ever ever buy them
  • Posted

Etizolam is a research chemical and messes you up real bad. They have worse withdrawal than benzo`s and produce euphoria making them highly addictive. You do not want to be playing with this drug it is being used as a legal high over the past 3 years and there are all sorts of horror stories. Take it once and you will sleep for 6 hrs and wake feeling refreshed BUT you won`t sleep for days and days after. It`s crude it`s horrible and that`s why your doctors havent heard of it IT`S A LEGAL STREET DRUG NOTHING MORE!!!
    • Posted

With ALL due respect, you should be VERY careful what you say, and check your facts.  You really should reconsider your above statements.

As::

1) Etizolam is NOT a research chemical.  It is sold and prescribed in several countries, and as proof just Google the BRAND names; Etilaam, Etizest, Sedekopan, Towa, Depas, among others.

2)  It is PRESCRIBED, meaning legitimate PhD Doctors, write scripts for patients for etizolam formulations, for the following:  insomnia, headaches, anxiety, epilepsy/anti-seizure (seizure prevention), AMONG others.  And is used with a great rate of success, too, i might add (WHEN taken as Rx'd AND used RESPONSIBLY)

3) They DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT, on a case-by-case, patient-by-patient, or milligram-to-milligram basis, have a WORSE withdrawal profile than ALL benzo's, as you are correct; Etizolam is a [THIENO]-diazepine, as opposed to [BENZO]-diazepines.  This merely means that there is a Thiophene ring substitued where the benzene ring is on benzo's.  And YES, it IS possible to become dependent, and possibly addicted, to Etizolam.  This is the case with many, many, MANY chemicals and drugs out there; legal and ILLEGAL.  This is an area that must be tread upon carefully, and takes an individual's responsible decision after thinking long and hard, and doing the proper research, as to whether or not to decide to use this (and many other potentially dependency-producing, and addictive) substance(s).  And if so, it is THAT individuals responsibility to (and their own lives they put in jeopardy if they do not) use the substance in a controlled, disciplined, and safe manner.  This goes with ANY medication, drug, chemical, suppplement, vitamin, beverage, etc..

4)  They CAN produce euphoria, in SOME individuals... just as zolpidem, zopiclone, benzo-class, and opiate/opioid-class drugs can as well.  This does NOT mean or PROVE inefficacy, in any way.  Nor does it blanket etizolam, it's class of drugs/chemicals, or similar drugs, as worthless, or ineffective.

5) Just because a drug is Rx'd off label, recommended, suggested, as well as (as MANY, if not close to all drugs at some point in time, in some fashion) abused... and regardless of whether or not SOME people find euphoric side effects, (again) it does not mean it is not effective.  As well, it ALSO does not mean it is a "bad" drug/chemical, just because it may make some individuals "feel good".  Actually, a LOT of drugs, when they work properly, are SUPPOSED to make the patient/individual feel better, and feel good.... it means they are doing their job at alleviating some sort of physical, mental, psycological, etc, ailment.

6) Also, just because something is LEGAL, does that automatically make it something that should not be used as a medicinal aid?  And by just its legal status alone, does THAT in itself make it ineffective, or inherently 'bad'?   I think not; as many legal medicines, drugs, chemicals, plants, extracts, tinctures, syrups, lozenges, liquids, and the like, are VERY effective, and very helpful to many individuals who seek treatment beyond  or outside of the 'regulatory and governmentally sanctioned' medical system.

7)  You state that [ANY] individual that takes this medicine once (yet you say not at what dosage, or for what ailments or indications), "will sleep for 6 hours and..." after waking refreshed, "...won't sleep for days... after".  How on Earth can you dare call yourself (as i'd imagine as self-respecting person would... but then again, i don't know you at all outside of your post, and what i can extrapolate from it) an intelligent, and well-informed individual, yet post a statement (of yet another of the same... a "blanket" statement, if you will") detailing the effects on [ANY and ALL] single-use/first-time (or more) takers of this drug;  and that effect is one of a single 6-hour well-rested, waking-refreshed, chunk of sleep... followed by NO "sleep for days and days".   To the intelligent, open-minded thinker's among us, this statement should come (as at least it does for myself) as an ignorant, and quite un-informed piece of opinion... at BEST.

8)  What makes the chemical -Etizolam- "crude", as you say???  Is there something about it's synthesis process that is somehow 'dirty', or 'basal', and in effective produces a "crude" drug???  I dont know about others out there, but when i think of a "crude drug" a few things come to mind:

a) that no pure chemical compound could be classified as "crude", due to the very nature of WHAT it is.... a PURE chemical compound.  Nothing More, nothing Less.

b) a couple "crude" drugs that DO come to mind, would be something like Opium Latex.  It is a plant medicine, obtained by "scoring, waiting, then scraping" the unripe Opium Poppy (or Papaver Somniferum) seed pods, or just collecting the undried, milky latex as soon as it has seeped out; it has medical value, indeed; it contains an array of a VARIOUS (and in an exact manner, unpredictable ratios) set of several opiate alkaloids, ALONG with other compounds (the latex, dried plant matter, and others);  it CAN be purified further to produce very pure (and to varied degrees of chemical-specific potencies) drugs.  Namely Morphine, Codeine, and Thebaine, in descending order of content by weight.

Another "crude" drug that comes to mind is "jail-house wine" or "hooch".  This is alcohol, with ABV ranging from ~6 to ~16%, frequently made in jails/prisons, but also (as nodded to by it's other name, "homebrew") made in people's home.  This alcoholic drink is made with many varied ingredients, many added for flavor or taste.  But the essentials it MUST contain, to produce alcohol via fermentation, and thus to rightly recieve the name of 'alcoholic beverage', are Water, Sugar, and Yeast.  The yeast, as an active living organism, "eats" the sugars, and metabolizes and therefore excretes 2 byproducts.  One being carbon dioxide, and the other, being the widely enjoyed Ethyl Alcohol, or EtOH.

And last but certainly NOT least, number

9) The reasons these "Doctors", as you reference, have not heard of Etizolam, is because (as i reason you're speaking of Doctors practicing in the United States, the UK, or a number of other countries) Etizolam is an Unscheduled Drug, and not FDA-regulated in the US (as well as unregulated by the equivalent authorities and agencies in many European and South American countries, among others).  There are several countries, as I stated above, where it IS regulated, Approved, AND Prescribed, but Licensed, Accredited, and presently practicing Doctors; 2 of these countries that come to mind are Japan, and India.

So, in many countries, Yes.... it IS a Legal Drug.  But just because it is Unregulated, and Legal, does NOT equate to it being a "...STREET DRUG NOTHING MORE".  If fact, generally, the OPPOSITE is true.... the drugs that are Regulated, yet UNapproved, are the ones that become the most popular AND PREVALANT 'street drugs'.  And, save for alcohol, as research, studies, and treatment and medical centers have proven and shown, these Street Drugs are amongst the most damaging (physically, emotionally, psychologically, economically, and spiritually) and dangerous drugs to exist.   These would include Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Heroin, Bath Salts, Quaaludes, and several others.

THEREFORE,

TL;DR:  For anyone out there looking for an alternative to the medicines and therapies currently available to them, and are looking for something to help what is currently ailing them, and think Etizolam may be a promising medication.... DO your research.  But afterwards, if you still think it may help, go ahead and give it a go.  It has helped myself, as well as many others.

And i have had no Dependence issues, blackouts (not that they're impossible, because they are with many -diazepines, and Z-drugs), days lost to sleep, of any other side effect that has made my life unmanageable, or become a danger to my health.  It is actually quite a godsend of a substance, especially in the country I live (USA), because it is LEGAL, and Unscheduled; it has many of the benefits of the more popular benzodiazepines (Xanax/alprazolam, Valium/diazepam, Klonopin/clonazepam, Ativan/lorazepam) without (i feel) some of the more negative side effects, at least at proper responsible dosages.  Which for me is anywhere between 1mg in the morning, up to 3mg a day.

And as always YMMV, and UTFSE! ;-D

Take care guys, be well, and live healthy smile 

• Posted

In response to your original post.....

i dont really feel like, IN GENERAL, etizolam is similar to  zopiclone.  I think it could be very helpful in treating the same thing; in this instance insomnia.   It def can, in slightly higher doses (depending on the individual), be sedating and help in getting and staying asleep.

and yes, although etizolam ITSELF has a relatively short half-life, its metabolites (what specific chemicals they are, i'm not certain off the top of my head) i know have considerably LONGER half-lifes, and contribute to the Overall effect of what u feel from taking etizolam.  i think the metabolites have something closer to 5-10 hour half-life's....  dont quote me, but i know its def somewhere in that area.  much better than about 30 mins - 1 hour (as some sources say), all the way up to 1-2.5 hours, of etizolam.

hope you find something that helps!!   and just to let u know, i am aware of MANY individuals that swear by Etizolam (Etizest, Depas, Towa, Etilaam brands) for various medical issues, that live in your country (UK, correct?) and have NO issues (well, theres always someone that has SOME issue somewhere along the line rolleyes ) ordering from many reputable vendors of PHARMACUETICAL Branded etizolam.  not those home-pressed etizolam 'pellets'.   dont buy those.  some people have good results, but others have horrible results, and thers ABSOLUTELY NO quality control.  so you have NO idea how much active ETIZOLAM is contained in each pellet, let alone any other actives, or anything else for that matter.

best of luck!!  and feel free to shoot me any questions.  i'd be glad to answer to the best of my ability, as i am somewhere knowledgeable in this area :-D

• Posted

It will definitely help you sleep but don't use it for that. Plenty of other things help with sleep and are not habit and tolerance forming

• Posted

Person who is tormented by anxiety also will ought to face sleep disorder. If you're tormented by anxiety, you may not get sleep in any respect. This condition will then cause sleep disorder in addition as panic attacks. Etizolam is the best option to treat both anxiety as well as insomnia details are there on primerxmart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.