Etizolam similar to Zopiclne?

Posted , 16 users are following.

So I'm looking for an alternative to Zopiclone and I have come across Etizalam. It's apparently used for insomnia in India and Japan and has been for years. It is not a controlled drug in the UK and easy to get hold. Has anyone heard of it? Tried it? Would love to here your thought as I'm tempted to try it. 

2 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Zopiclone definitely has something in it that is a mood changer . Probably part of my undoing. I was anxious during the day over my "then" new leukaemia (6 yrs now) and found that just a quarter of zopiclone tab lifted my mood. Don't do that now but am on too many zops (so the doc says) so am having to try to come off some of it. Trouble is finding anything as good.
  • Posted

I can confirm that Etizolam works. 1mg is approximately equivalent to 7.5mg Zopiclone (maybe a bit subjective). I'm not sure about the half-life figures quoted, they seem to be far to short, in fact it seems to have a longer half life than zops.

Still very risky though...

• Posted

hi im on the taper plan for coming off zopiclone using diazapam! docs dont like giving zopiclone out anymore! do they give out etizolam ? julie
    • Posted

They won't be able to while it's not licensed, Julie. It would be interesting to hear their opinions about it though.
    • Posted

Hi Keith09733. Wow u tried it? Any strange reactions/side effects. I'm hearing a few people saying they actually like it. I do wonder whether it will be registered here in the UK soon especially with all the negativity surrounding Zopiclone. I'm currently on my Zopis, got a 28 day prescription for my GP which I'm trying to make last as long as I can, taking half tabs at night, not great but at least it's some sleep. 
    • Posted

I'm on holiday in Spain and walked into a chemist and asked for 1 box of zopiclone and was told that will be 3€ please thankyou this week
    • Posted

what is going on. I am trying to taper my zopiclone and was given  a diazapam to take before just 1 zopiclone and it worked. Told the doc and then he said could not have diazepam as they are addictive!!!!!
    • Posted

Where did you get the diazepam? I have asked my GP to do a crossover under the Ashton plan but he refuses, saying he is 'not qualified'! Well I have all the info I need on the crossover, just need a source of diazepam. If you have one, PM me, as the mods don't encorage source info to be public  (and rightly so).
    • Posted

Etizolam does work, it is not licensed in the UK which means that you cannot get it from the NHS. It is highly possible that it will be banned at some time in the UK too. Be in mind that there is no quality control etc. on stuff you buy online, you might just as well be buying heroin on the street... so don't go there...
  • Posted

Ok, I have personal experience of Etizolam/Etizest. A while ago a friend suggested them when I was in a very stressful job. I started taking 1 first of all and it was great. Helped remove stress and panic and I also slept like a log. Ok, that was about it for the benefits! Now for the low down. About 1-2 months into it then on 2 to 4 a day and still enjoyed the benefits but the down sides started appearing. You are not aware how many you have taken. Started having accidents as blacked out on them together with alcohol which is not recommended and is a big no no. About 6 Months on them and thought could just come off them. Wrong! Had no idea what I'd got into. Started reading about them as being Thienodiazepine rather than Benzodiazepine. Very similar chemical make up.. and similar effect and withdrawals. I was suffering from the most awful WD's. Panic attacks, de-realisation, depersonalisation, feeling like couldn't breath, paranoia etc. I also became agraphobic and couldn't stand being around people. I felt like everyone knew that I was on something. Thank god with the wonderful help from my GP I was prescribed Diazepam which is 10 x less strength than Etizolam to taper off. It took me 1 Year from starting Etizolam to being able to get off them. I would never take them again ever. It was the worst experience of my life and I thought I was going insane. If ever I need to use anything again for whatever reason I would do my research and stick to prescribed. Etizolam were sold legally at the time that I was taking them from the net but they then stopped them and they became something else. They still sold them as plant food so probably a big clue there that not for human consumption!  This is just my experience only and noone elses and I appreciate that everyones experience of meds is different. I'm not a doctor or medical professional, just someone that has experienced Etizolam. 
  • Posted

Have you any idea where we can buy this Elizalam I carnt seem to find it anywhere in the UK
    • Posted

It might be worth checking out my post above re etizolam. That's my experience only and I was drinking alcohol on top of it. The side effects I got almost sent me over the edge. I would be very wary of buying anything like that again on-line and where it's not regulated or on script. I would rather be given something by my GP, although of course nearly all drugs have side effects, if for no other reason that they know what it is if something goes wrong and they are able to regulate the dosage I'm given. My mate wasn't as lucky as me. His GP didn't know what Etizolam was and didn't know what to do with him. They sent him to a treatment centre for 2 weeks detox whereas it takes weeks/months to taper! Which is insane. He did it himself and it took ages. Be very careful.
    • Posted

Do you not think your side effects were attributed to taking to many (maximum is 3mg) and drinking at the same time? You are not supposed to drink with Etilozam as it causes black outs. Also its not for long term everyday use.   

I have it in my medicine drawer and use it as and when needed at the recommended amount  (1mg). I don't drink alchohol with it. Haven't had any problems

I am actually researching this drug so appreciate the 1st hand reviews but I don't think you should warn people off it automatically because you used it in a way that it shouldnt be. 

• Posted

I would keep off it.

If you need such a thing get your doc to prescribe diazepam,, and enter a slow withdrawal phase such as the Ashston Plan.

Etizolam is not registered in the uk and as such you have no idea what the quality is. Yes I have tried them, I threw them away... which is what you should do!

• Posted

I bought them good price by 100 and get 100 free, I can only take 1 as they knock me out plus I take my prescription zopiclon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.