Every day debilitating nausea, hard to eat or drink.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi. So I've been diagnosed with functional dyspepsia and am dealing with constant nausea on the daily. I'm dealing with it for a long time, 2 years now and it gets better but it always eventually comes back and I feel like dying would be easier then not eating and vomiting daily every two months, then beginning to eat more normally with nausea and then relapsing again. It gets worse when I have to eat and I can barely get enough food down to function. I also can't drink as much as I should (dehydration and dry mouth every day). Some days I throw up when I wake up, or if I'm not careful with how much I eat at once. Has anyone experienced this and/or has a solution? Is there any medication I should ask my doctor for? It's really destroyed my social, personal and family life. I can't enjoy a nice dinner, going out with friends, going to see a new movie, birthdays, parties, weddings etc.

All input and opinions are welcome.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I read your post. I think, you should visit an experienced doctor ASAP.

Thanks

• Posted

same problem i suffer from nausea and vomiting from 6 years and make all test that show nothing and doctors suggest that it is anxiety but i feel it is not true because of the symptoms not related to my emotion it is related and appear always after eat i hope to find solution

• Posted

Try a food diary to see what foods could be the cause.

• Posted

Thanks for the tip!

But unfortunately all foods and all liquids. Even water doesn't want to stay in my stomach.

• Posted

My doctor said it's panic disorder which makes sense. My body always linked stress and anxiety directly to nausea and appetite loss, and now I just feel like I'm living in a panic attack while being afraid of having a panic attack.

• Posted

What medication has your doctor offered you for your functional dyspepsia?Does stress make it worse? If so, try distraction techniques such as a hobby or relaxation therapy.

• Posted

Hi Jason, sorry that you're going through this. I have had nausea for 3 years following antibiotic use and know how you feel, though i will get better for months at a time now the acid reflux still returns. It is scary and debilitating.

I would recommend the following tests if you havent had them done already:

-H pylori bacteria test.

Did you have a stomach bug or anything before this started? Were you on antibiotics or any other medcation? Figuring out the causes helps me know the triggers. Probiotics helped rebalance my gut bacteria, omeprazole helped the gastritis and buccastem was a great anti nausea med when i was at my worst. I still have flare up's but i am a lot better than before. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you for the response!

When this now 2 year long battle first started it was a regular field trip senior high school year. Nothing I haven't done before. But what was different was that it was an all night bus ride, from midnight to 10 am and I haven't slept at all. We got there and immediately I felt like I had radiation poisoning or as if I was lethally drunk (don't know how to describe it any better), I threw up constantly, couldn't eat or drink, I was dehydrated and very dizzy, I felt like I was watching the world through somebodies eyes or a camera, I also had a fever (or felt like I had a fever), chills and hot and cold flashes. I thought maybe I just got sick somehow on the bus and didn't think much of it.

As for tests, everything checks out, blood work shows nothing wrong except the concerningly elevated creatinine, urea and some other stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head but that's all elevated because of dehydration as I struggle to drink as much as i struggle to eat, and the gastroenterologist said there's no need for a stomach emptying test because he doesn't think it could be gastroparesis. I have done an endoscopy which showed I did have mild gastritis but the pills didn't really help at all and the symptoms weren't all that similar to those that are troubling me. I changes psychiatrists recently and the new one said she thinks it's panic disorder. At this point I just take it one day at a time and hope it gets better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.