Everybody well?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone. No activity for 10 days in any discussion within the alcohol forum. This does surprise me since i have been a member and very active for 5 years+. Has everybody been cured and have no problems I wonder? There used to be 4 or 5 new discussions every week previously. The new layout and website design does not i think since not particularly user friendly.

waiting to hear from anybody😄

Robin

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Robin! I am doing very well. I thank God everyday that I discovered this forum which lead to the discovery of the Sinclair Method and Naltrexone!!

I am in week 29 of using Naltreoxone and it has changed my life. I faithfully take it each time at least one hour before I am going to drink -- hasn't been hard at all to stick to this. I was so miserable and afraid of being an alcoholic that I was very motivated!! I have seen my cravings decrease, though not disappear (yet anyway). The number of drinks consumed has drastically reduced as well!!!! I have only over drank three times since starting. I often have only 1 glass of wine and feel no need to have more!

My husband and I just went on vacation to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico over spring break. I confess to being a little worried how I would do. We stayed on a beautiful all-inclusive resort and I knew the drinks would be flowing freely and readily. But I just popped a Naltrexone each day, shortly after our late breakfast, so that by early afternoon when I was ready for a pina colada I was already prepared. It worked wonders! And, if four hours later more drinking was going to happen, I popped another Naltrexone then and was prepared. I did not "over drink", though there were days I drank more than I have been at home of late. I did well and I feel great about the experience!

Thankful in Montana! Amy

• Posted

What progress you have made Amy! A revelation to you and your family. You must be proud of what you have achieved.

• Posted

Glad you are doing so well on TSM, Amy. It makes me very happy to hear this. Well done.

Joanna

• Posted

Hey Robin! I can say I am doing ok. 2 years now since last drink but now I'm back at work full time after my 1 year and 8 month leave and as I suspected I have a stronger urge to drink. Haven't but it's there. My job is stressful and makes me want to come home open a bottle and forget but can't. So guess what...I have put in applications to find a new job, in a new field since I am not going to risk stressing myself out and heading back to drinking. Already had one job offer, one interview with a "congratulations we would like to pass you through drug and alcohol screening to hire you" and 2 more potential interviews. I can make this work!!

How about you? I love reading what people have to say here and agree with you that it has gone too quiet. 😴

• Posted

Hi, well done and congratulations, as i was saying to Robin about The Naked Mind by Annie Grace, read it i urge you... trust me on this one x

• Posted

Suddenly busy here aftermy message! Very pleased.for you. Do change jobs if you can .already looking great.with job interview😁and job offer. You must be very skilled at.what.you do.

• Posted

Thanks Robin. 22 years in Customer Service as manager now looking for something completely different...forklift driver for a warehouse and so excited about (hopefully) starting there.

• Posted

Hi Robin

Ive just read the naked mind by Annie Grace, and am now following the 30 day experiment, its an absolute revelation, its early days but im hopeful that this will work for me.. hope you are well.

• Posted

You can do it! I had reached rock bottom.with my drinking and had to stop..was destroying.my health,family and destroying my mind and self respect😥 much better after 6 years sober😃 soon two months.then 6 months sober. Robin

• Posted

Hi Robin,

I was going to post on 11th April as I will have been 9 months without alcohol!!

I went out today with a group of friends for Sunday lunch and had a great time on just diet coke. As I've said before, honestly everyone, if I can do it then there is hope for everyone else. And Robin, your encouraging comments to all really do make a difference to that person's journey so thanks for taking the time to offer your support and continuing interest 😃

So everyone, keep strong and keep aiming for sobriety!!

All the best.

Claire xx

• Posted

What a massive achievement Claire. You and your family must be so proud of you since 362 days sober😃 Robin

• Posted

One year on taking naltrexone 50 g.It worked great at first, but i am back to 6 drinks a day.

Not sure what to do!

• Posted

Try to free your mind from the past and move forward by trying again. Regards Robin

• Posted

Naltrexone is just one part of the equation. What are you doing to also work on the habit side of your drinking, cm?

For example, are you having that first drink and then making the next a non-alcoholic one? Or maybe trying to interrupt your habitual drinking by actively doing something else after the first drink (walk around the block, have a bath etc)?

The fact that it worked in the beginning is a great indicator that you will reach your goal, whatever that may be, but although the naltrexone is the 'gas' in the car, you still have to steer the car in the direction you want to go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.