Everyday dizziness while walking, standing and feeling unbalanced on my feet.

Posted , 99 users are following.

I have dizziness everyday while walking, standing as well as feeling off balance, unsteady on my feet like I am gonna fall over. I have had my ears checked by an ENT doctor in 2014 and he said I had menieres disease so he treated it as that but medicine didn't help so went to another ENT doctor in 2015 who said I don't have menieres disease but have hearing loss in both ears and did a test on my vestibular function which he said was normal so he referred me to a neurologist and I went and had an MRI done which was normal as well. I have had blood work done in November last year and my white blood count was a little high but not concerning and everything else was normal....no diabetes. Also had a stress test done on heart and was normal. I am at my wits end with this cause I don't know what's going on. I plan to see an eye doctor soon. Oh and I was diagnosed with anxiety 4 months ago but this dizziness and off balance feeling has been going on for 2 years now. I am on blood pressure medicine too. don't know what else to do. Does anyone have these same symptons ?

6 likes, 224 replies

224 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi , I to have had this since October , just dizzy all the time and of balance , also feel like I'm walking on a trampoline , it has took over my life , no meds have work , had MRI scan , waiting for results , they keep saying it bppv , but now I'm having a job to believe it , I've gone from being busy and active to almost house bound , really had enough of it , doctors keep on now about anxiety , but who wouldn't be , it came on so sudden , 
    • Posted

I know what you mean. I don't wanna go out and do anything anymore cause of the dizziness. I take Zoloft and have been for 4 months now and it seems to have helped with the anxiety attacks but still have the dizziness and have taken meclizine but it don't help. I want to know what's going on cause I wanna get back to normal life . is that too much to ask....someone brought it to my attention about an eye condition called vertical heterophoria
    • Posted

Same hear just want my life back, funny you should say that my eyes feel drowsy and they look funny (not like my normal eyes) I feel it's nothing to do with my ears but more my head as it always feels fuzzy xx
    • Posted

I've had bloods done upto now all normal, I am at doctors this week think they will refer me xx
    • Posted

I'm worried worried about the way I feel , like on a trampoline walking , 
    • Posted

Your not alone, it's ruined my life in this short period, no 1 can understand how it feels, I'm a prisoner I'm my own home everything has changed xx
    • Posted

You should call around to eye doctors and see if they check for that condition and make an appt cause that's what I am gonna do. I also have an appt with a psychiatrist at the end of the month for my anxiety
    • Posted

I agree every thing has changed , and no one truly understands around me , keep in touch 
    • Posted

I have just looked it up and my God I have about 10 of the same symptoms, I will mention this to my gp this week thank you xx
    • Posted

You are very welcome. I have a lot of those symptoms too. It don't hurt to get checked out just to confirm or rule out. Good luck and let me know what your gp says
    • Posted

Hi, saw you posted this two years ago. Any updates? I have the same thing as you it looks like. Also have hearing loss in both ears I was born with, but not dizziness like this board until I hit the age of 35. Wondering what happened and if anything I can do. Thanks.
    • Posted

I thought I was the only one. I feel the same way. My eyes always look tired & I get very sleepy due to it

• Posted

There are vision problems, however, that produce symptoms you would not immediately connect with your eyes. Headaches and bouts of dizziness may be diagnosed as vertigo or migraine, but is actually a binocular vision dysfunction, like vertical heterophoria (VH).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.