Everything seems overwhelming!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey there, im a 28 yr. Old mother to 2 girls. I work for a property management company leasing spartments. Anxiety for me means worrying about everything.Everything seems like such a task and I find myself struggling just to do my daily routine. I constantly judge myself for everything I do and say. I always worry about what people think about me. Because I'm so consumed in my thoughts I can't think straight or focus. Learning something new or doing something I've never done before scares me to the point where it's like my brain literally shuts down and I'm not able to even think. I feel like people think I'm stupid or unintelligent. I've always done really well in school throughout my years so I know it's not true but this constant brain fog makes me start to believe it.

I know a lot this seems like depression but that's not the cause. I've never been a depressed person.

Anyone else have the same experience in their every day life?

3 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes my anxiety can be so overwhelming at times i just want to give up. Then I look at my daughter and husband and i get back up again. Every five minutes I'm thinking the worse or think something bad is gonna happen i even get scared when my family gets together im so tired of feeling like this but I refuse to be stuck in this whole i guess you can say sad
  • Posted

Do you feel this way constantly? Do you actually get any time for you? Time where you can just forget everything and focus on you? I honestly think that you need a trip to chat to your doctor about this, to help you process how you are feeling.x
    • Posted

He there,I don't get much time to myself. I work full time and have two little girls. With work, going to pick them up from sitters house, store, dinner, homework, baths ect. I have very little time. Even when the kids are asleep and get some time to myself I'm constantly stressed and worried about all the things I have to juggle. I'm stressed at every moment of my day for no reason. I have friends that have just as much on their plate as I do but they have the energy and the mind set to be just fine. I can never live in the moment and just enjoy myself or my kids because it.
  • Posted

Hi Lindsay, Can I just ask why you feel this couldn't be depression? As what you're saying does sound like it is. I wouldn't suggest I could know you better than you know yourself, but I do know depression. Sometimes people have ideas on what depression is or is not. We all experience it in our own way. Its not always sitting in our dressings gowns crying endlessly. Many people hold down very successful jobs and the out side world would never know.

Again I wouldn't suggest I know you better than you know yourself but at the very least you sound very stressed at the moment and that in it's self can lead to depression. Please see a doctor as they will help you to judge if this is depression and if it is there is no shame in it, it's an illness like any other.

• Posted

Hi again Lindsay. Hope I didn't seem like a know it all in my last reply. I do just worry as you seem to have a lot on your plate and if there is an underlying issue its best to get that checked before it gets any worse. X
    • Posted

Hey there. ..I get mildly depressed because of the anxiety but I am a happy person for the most part. The anxiety and worry thoughts just consume me and it's physically exhausting to the point where I don't have energy for much else. I know my diet plays a huge role as well. I don't eat the best and I have to have my pepsi. I'm trying to work on these things but don't feel satisfied without.
  • Posted

Hi, 'brain fog' made me think of underactive thyroid (aka hypothyroidism) as that is one of the symptoms (trouble is it's also a symptom of anxiety and other medical conditions). Are you also cold, with dry skin? If so, look up hypothyroidism.
    • Posted

My mom has hypothyroid so I will be checking into it. I get cold easily but dry skin isn't an issue
  • Posted

Hi. I've got these symptoms. Problem is testing for it. Drs test always negative and everything you read says it's difficult to show up in a test so what do you do. Is there a more reliable test you can have done privately?
    • Posted

It can develop qickly, but sometimes it can take years, for hypothyroidism to develop to the point the blood tests pick it up.

Suggestions for things you can do to find out more: (1) google 'why doctors are treating thyroid patients like children'.

(2) There is lots of info on the patient.info forum 'diabetes and hormone problems' - see discussions on "hypothyroidism' and 'side effects of levothyroxine';

(3) groups on facebook on hypothyroidism

By the way, another symptom of hypothyroidism is (you've guessed it) depression! Another is putting on weight, or difficulty losing weight.

• Posted

You're welcome! There was a person on the hypothyroidism discussion group who said she had been treated for depression but it was really hypothyroidism, so I started monitoring this forum to see if anyone else could be in the same situation. I'm not medically qualified, I've just had hypothyroidism for 24 years - so I'm an expert on the symptoms!
    • Posted

Symptons...major fatigue, no energy, would sleep all morning if I didn't make myself get up!, put on a stone, dry skin, always thirsty( drink soft drinks all day), anxiety&adeptness ion,
    • Posted

Ya know..my mother has hypothyroid. I will check out the symptoms after work. Thanks!
    • Posted

Try replacing the soft drinks with water. If they're the non-diet ones they have a lot of sugar in - a lot of extra calories. If they're the diet ones - google aspartame side effects and you'll never drink them again. (That was the case 15 years ago anyway.)
    • Posted

There is a really good website based in the uk, google thyroid uk org that gives list of symptoms. It's a good idea to tick the ones that apply to you and use it as a discussion aid with your doctor. If you have hypothyroidism you are likely to also have low levels of vitamins and minerals. Common ones are Ferritin, Iron, Calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, and potassium. So it's worth discussing with your doctor and getting these checked.

There are also several of the vitamin B's that are essential for mental health. Google each one qnd you will see what i mean.

Excessive thirst can be a symptom of diabetes, though in my case it's a dust allergy making my mouth really dry.

• Posted

There is a heredity element to thyroid disease - you are more likely to get it if a close relative has it. Women are 10 times more likely than men to get hypothyroidism.
    • Posted

Thank you Barbara. I went to the doctor to get blood work today. I had blood work done about a year and a half ago and thyroid was fine but my vitamin d was low. Hopefully I will get some answers back soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.