Excercise - once again!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can anyone tell me how to turn of the "guilt" when I don't excercise?

I hurt!  If I walk for 20 minutes I'm fine - if I go over that (ie when shopping) I'm in agony - which often lasts a couple of days.

The doctors, rheumatologists, physiotherapists say "excercise,

excercise 

but stop if it hurts!!  If you've got PMR, OAa d Tendonitis

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you can walk for 20 minutes, then walk for 20 minutes.  Don't feel guilty if you can't do more.  20 minutes is good.

• Posted

Any exercise is good..  Do what you can.  On the days that you don't shop, walk your 20 minutes.  You can try exercises/stretchs in a chair.  I'm sure there are many on the internet.   I go to a water fitness class-- it's wonderful on  the joints and the hot tub feels amazing afterwards.   

• Posted

Thank you kelly.  I had a prescription covering hydrotherapy for eighteen months.  After 10 months I had to stop.  There were 30/40 year olds in the same course as the 60/80 year olds and it was go-go-go for 45 minutes.😏😏 I am 77!  It nearly killed me and I was stiff/sore for days afterwards, then it all started again.

I did learn a lot and, when I can, I go to the pool myself and exercise (for a maximum of 15 minutes).  I just wish I could shove myself to go more often.  It's the getting there, undressing, showering, packing away clothes then reversing it when finished!!  

I'm tired!  I have PMR, Polyarthritis, Osteoporosis (caused by long term steroids - five years), Tendonitis, Barrett's, stomach ulcers and gout attacks every now and again (poor old s-d)😏😀

However, 2017 is a NEW year and, I hope, a new me.

Regards fr Constance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.