Excessive Burping with Burning Sensation in Back

Posted , 7 users are following.

I believe it all started when I began exercising. I noticed that I was burping excessively. That went on for about a month so I visited my doctor. She diagnosed me with dyspepsia/ indigestion/ acid reflux. She prescribed Dica and Raniticidin. That didn't work. I went to another doctor, she prescribed Omeprazole. It worked like a charm. Unfortunately, the burping returned months later when I decided to do some situps. I felt gas bubbled up my neck instantly. The belching was worse and it came along with a burning sensation on the left lower part of my back. Sometimes I feel the middle of my back , on my spine , has mild pain. It burns whenever I sit upright but when I lie down, the burning subsides. I got Omeprazole again, and I hope it works. At the end of 2 weeks, I will give an update. If it doesn't work I'll have to see a gastroenterologist.

HAS ANYONE FELT THIS WAY? WHAT WORKED FOR YOU?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone, it's been a minute or two since I've been on here!

I hope everyone is doing fine and that they've found a relief or a cure.

I've had my fair share of troubles but hopefully it'll all be over soon. For now I'm enjoy my temporary relief. After visiting many internal medicine doctors, I decided to pay a spine doctor a visit although I wasn't experiencing back pain, just burning.

I was then diagnosed with a mild case of SCOLIOSIS, and I was surprised when I found out it affects my abdominal organs. I was recommended 24 physical treatments to straighten my spine. I have not started due to financial constraints, because it is expensive, but God is great and merciful and he'll create a way for me.

If you're still being tormented by whatever it is, I recommend you check out your spine. It affects all your organs, and though you may not have any symptoms that suggest your spine is suffering, it may as well be your spine!

I wish you all a speedy recovery and do take care. Thank you all for your advice. I appreciate the concern.

• Posted

Hi Krista35738

I hope you are well now.

I have had my burning backpain for more than 3 years. I have visited three doctors but no change. I take Omeprazole once in a three or four days. It can relieve the pain for about 3 days but it is sad that the pain exists. I have burping, too. I am sure my pain is related to my stomach acid since the pain is relieved by Omeprazole. Maybe the acid is related to a nerve in my back ( Maybe it is Pinched Nerve but I do not know the Pinched Nerve can be related to acid or not). I wanted to know that did you find a cure for your pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.