Excruciating pain with shingles

Posted , 7 users are following.

Felt extremely ill with dizziness headache and excruciating pain in the lower left back and groin could hardly stand up. It was the day of my husbands sisters funeral and he had to stay back as I was that bad. Five days later and the shingles appeared and doctor put me on antivirals and pain relief. The awful thing about it is I had horrible messages from his relatives thinking I was making a fuss and he should have left me to go. It is 2 weeks now and feel fatigued, in pain and depressed because of the situation and of course shingles. No-one can possibly know how bad I feel except fellow sufferers. What do you all think. Could I have stayed on my own but my husband would not leave me I am 70 and he is 80. Would appreciate comments.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When I was in the hospital for  prostate surgery one of my sisters was having a bad case

of urinary tract infection.I don't condemn her and her husband for not visiting me.

• Posted

Donald,

Of course, you didn't, because you are a compassionate and understanding human being.

How is Pat? Did she have the Shingrex vaccination, yet?

My recurrent shingles every three weeks in my right ear has escalated in severity and now spread to my entire right scalp, as well. As I have a stiff neck, more severe headache, my hematologist's nurse found a pharmacy that had Shingrex in stock.

I know on this forum, individuals are finally improving with the Post Herpetic Neuralgia PHN and recurrent Herpes Zoster-Shingles with the Shingrex. That is my hope for Pat.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.