Exercises

Posted , 10 users are following.

It seems everyone is told different things by different hospitals. I was told I should do pelvic floor exercises after the catheter came out, other people are told not for 6 weeks. I'm confused. If you were told to wait what reasons were you given. I get no pain when clenching my pelvic floor but don't want to do any damage by doing exercises too soon.

0 likes, 31 replies

Report / Delete

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Rosie, I was also told to start pelvic floor exercises straight away so have been doing. Hope we are doing the right thing! It's so difficult to know how much walking etc to do. Because some days when I walk I get pelvic pains then feel shattered the next day. What about you?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Tbh I've only be walking for a few minutes every hour or two. I decided before the op that I was going to stay off my feet and in bed for 14 days. I do the exercises for circulation too so I'm not worried about dvt. I'm being overly cautious but that's the way I'm going to be for a long time. I don't walk for long enough to get any aching down below. I'm lucky because my kids are grown up and my Neanderthal boyfriend is totally on board and actually suggested I be more cautious than I need to be. X
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Rosie a lot depends on the type of sutures used during the operation and the extent of the repair. Always do as your consultant recommends despite what others are advised x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rosie

I was given a chart with does and donts on a time scale. Happy to send to you if you pm me your e mail addy. Not saying it's right but there's detailed info on there that a lot of ladies have said is useful X

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up