Exercises

Posted , 10 users are following.

Good morning can anyone advise if its ok to use exercise bike and treadmill? its coming up to 14 weeks since my right hip replacement, i am hoping to go to a spa where there is a gym. I am having a few days away and would like to do something to strengthen my new hip and prepare for my second hip replacement on the 1st April, I certainly wont be jogging as I know my limitations but just being cautious hence my message thank you Cyndey

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My physio wants me in the bike and I'm 3 weeks post THR lateral.

• Posted

wow thats a bit ambitious! i am struggling now after 14 weeks BEST OF LUCK

• Posted

yes definitely ok...I hope to be playing tennis by then. Also better to be as fit as possible pre-op

• Posted

Hello Cyndey, I had my left hip replaced in jan of 2000, I was 42 at the time, car accident busted my hip in 1977, I was in relatively good health at the time of both, the accident and the surgery, so I did as much exercise as possible, plus since I was involved with a few interesting women I did get my hip into some unusual angles, it has never hurt, my good hip hurt more from time to time. A funny thing happened during the surgery my feet seem to be either hyper sensitive or numb, its hard to tell which, so I do not do any running, just careful walking. I ride a reclined bike for leg exercise til this day. Oh, and close to 20 years on since the surgery the hip is working fine, no problems at all, other than those weird nerve endings in both feet. One thing that might have affected my hip, 3 yrs ago I weighed in at @260lbs I'm down to about 170 lbs now, that's from mostly stopping opioid pain meds and eating right. In fact I'm currently on zero meds, nothing, for any condition, at 61 happy to say I aint sick, no heart, lung, circulatory or brain function problems, just the bizarre feet nerve thing. I think any activity is a good thing, ride walk swim and by all means sex is just great. Aloha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.