Exhausted....what will help?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a flare up about 9 days ago. Still on antibiotics. Still nauseous at times. No real pain anymore in my stmach....but I just feel bad all of the time. And exhausted! Although it's not possible due to work I wish I could just l as y down all day. Anybody have any ideas on how to get past this?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My. Consultant has put me on sachets of Questran can take 6 a day if needed I had constant diarrhoea for months again and flare ups I was never given antibiotics I dont know why I just suffered so much and had no help at all even when showed calpprotection levels high blood tests came back normal but showed inflimation my bowel and not informed My doctors surgery incompetant t***s. Thats polite I then refered back to my consultant Questran is a bulking fibre medicine that helps form feaces stools Certainly stopping my diarrhoea flare ups .When you look at the facts you have approx 22 feet of intestine with pouches scattered which is derverticulitus weakening of the intestine Also if you eat foods you shouldnt this food gets stuck in the pouches such as seeds small immovable foods nuts for instant Think sureley you should know what foods to avoid and drinks to like Coffee tea fizzy drinks. Maybe you need to write a diary of foods that upset your derverticulitus . However Questran sachets have been my lifesaver I can actually feel safe in going out now with not having to think about messing myself and looking for every toilet in town or anywhere . The stress of just thinking I might mess myself made matters worse. Ask to be referred to a consultant but please ask for Questran or a binding faeces fibre sachets However only once over your flare up. Hope this. helps get well soon x . 
    • Posted

Have you had an actual infection and CTScan and blood work to show an infection because if it showed infection then doc should of gave you antibiotics with my infections the labor pains/blood mucous is horrible and no way to get rid of infection unless you take antibiotics a little confessed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.