Extreme aches and pains (upper arm and legs), head pressure and dizziness. Is it anxiety ? worried!

Posted , 32 users are following.

Okay so a year ago I had a very bad experience with cannabis where I had extreme panic attacks and I thought I died and so much happened that day even the ambulance came and everything I was traumatised so much. So after that night I was never the same. I would often get panic attacks and have constant anxiety and thoughts of death would make me so panicked I would experience sweaty hands, cold sensations, heart palpitations and extreme fear. So now that has improved a lot since last year however I could feel I was getting fatigue over time for no apparent reason and that would bring my anxiety back on. It wasn't until last month I had a viral Infection which was so bad. I mean it was really bad that I thought I had a killer disease which would kill me (again death thoughts). I went to the A&E three times in such a panic. Once thinking I had toxic shock syndrome. I mean I didn't care all I cared about was my health and I would do anything to find out what I have. Had blood tests done and it was all clear. Been to the gp like every week and they said I was fine too after taking bloods and urine samples. I also thought I may have an sti so I got checked at a sexual health clinic and again tests came out all clear. 

So my viral infection started with a lump under my jaw and constipation. I then experienced night sweats, chills, disorientation, shortness of breath, a lump in my upper neck, Photophobia which was so bad it would give me migraines and I couldn't go out at night with all the lights outside, panic, fever, extreme body aches and extreme fatigue and extreme dizziness. This lasted 3 whole weeks and every time I would get all sorts of symptoms. So I would panic and go to the gp and sometimes A&E and all they would say was it's just an viral infection. Plus before my infection I was constipated and I had bowel problems too. In the 4th week my flu symptoms stopped. Such as sweats, chills, disorientation (I would get up feeling like I can't feel my body or like I'm leaving my body, it was SO weird, I would shake myself to gain consciousness or wake my sister to feel better) thankfully that has gone. 

So It's the 5th week now but I'm still not well my fatigueness (which includes aching upper arms and legs) has not gone, neither have my headaches I get pressure in my head an ears still and I occasionally get dizziness and shortness of breath. I also feel a lump in my throat which the go said is normal however I don't. I mean I can't function properly anymore I get extremely exhausted after 3 hours of work where I work as a sales associate. My body feels like it's giving up on me. I'm in extreme pain even at this moment my arms are paining so bad. I've got an appointment for an abdominal scan and I want some other scans done too because at this moment I feel as if I have something which is causing all this pain and discomfort. Maybe then I'll be in peace that it's nothing serious and it's all down to my anxiety. I hope it is. However I don't know how to tackle it. I wake up during the night feeling strange, short of breath or I can hear my heartbeat beat so fast or hear a heartbeat in my head when I sleep. Yes I'm so paranoid and worried. My aches and pains are not going. 

I need some help out here. Has anyone experienced something similar. Please get in contact. It would  make me feel so much better 

Thank you 

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know the feeling it horrible I'm only 19 I don't sleep at night because I suffer with bad axienty bad pains in my head and the right side of my body always worrying thinking I'm dying been to the hospital and doctors and they can't do anything told me I couldn't have medication or anything so I have to fight with this everyday just have to keep my chin up and fight this

• Posted

Hi ameli,i too have the same symptoms. I have panic attacks very sporadically. I never know when it just comes on.i hate it.wish there was a better way to help with this sickness.i hope you are doing ok scince your post.praying for you.
  • Posted

I just saw this and literally felt like I wrote it. Iv been having every single thing and iv been to dr tons of times but every test is normal. Now it's to the point where I feel like I'm going crazy because nobody will take me seriously. The sea are starting to be like well what do you want me to do. Ugh please help and tell me how you are now and if they figured out what was wrong

• Posted

Hi, I have gone through exactly what you have been describing there.It was the most horrifying time of my life and never felt so helpless and vulnerable.

Exactly the same horrible symptoms and thought dying might have been better for me.The suicidal thoughts scared me even more and triggered my anciety attacks.My legs would ache so much and had a strange pressure in my head with burning sensation.

Anxiety does unimaginable things to you.The physical symptoms can be so strong that you really thing there is physically something wrong with you.Even sometimes you wish that as you cannot cope with the emotional suffering anymore.

I got through it.There is nothing wrong with you.Let your body deal with it and try not to be scared when you feel the symptoms.Easy to say but it works.CBT helps a lot as you learn more about it you are convinced that you have nothing serious going on in your body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.