Extreme fatigue, raspy voice

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with mild COPD a while back and I felt fine until this last month. Every day I am so tired, I could sleep all day. My pulse ox is 96-97. Breathing is a bit labored, but it is not too bad. I have read posts about fatigue, I guess it is inevitable. I am now very concerned about day to day life. It takes me about 90 min in the AM before I feel I can go out or do anything strenuous. I also have a raspy voice all the time.

Could anyone offer any comments or advice? If there is any, I guess I can't face it. I live alone so am in a bad position.

Thank you and so grateful for this group.

What helps? Anything? I dragged myself to the gym the other day, and do about 30 min on treadmill but did not feel better. I also feel like I am getting de conditioned.

1 like, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The raspiness and extreme fatigue can be side effects of the Breo. (EitherĀ  the LABA it contains, or the steroid portion of this medication)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.