Extreme Panic attacks menopause symptom? Do vitamin b's help or 5http

Posted , 17 users are following.

Need help as I've been suffering terribly with menopause, severe panic attacks, shaking, sweating, hot flushes, legs like jelly!

I had severe chest pain, it woke up from sleep at 4am Easter Sunday. Ambulance cane and took to A/E. Hospital said ECG fine but it was a heart spasm probably caused by panic attack in sleep, can that happen?

I shake at any sudden sound? Get that nervous pit feeling in your stomach, goes right through me! Even watching tv any sudden movements make me jump. My question is would vitamin b complex help plus 5http at night to help with sleep? I'm in the menopause also, have hot flushes during day and night. Have used menopace but not working now.

Any advice would help as I feel so not myself, low energy, nervy all the time even my speech sounds jittery !!

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've had the anxiety/ panic attacks and shaking . What helped me is to stop the flight or fight response! The only way I was able to do this was my obgyn gave me an anxiety pill that calms you . It's not addictive and I only had to take a couple and this flight or fight response stopped! I was able to sleep again and stop shaking. I do not take any drugs at all I'm very natural but was desperate as I knew it was an adrenaline thing I couldn't stop! I've only had two episodes and the last one was five years ago! Hormones can cause this! I'm 50 and going into the change! Also I take magnesium glycinate at night and one in morning and sometimes only one at night and it helps! Stress release and balancing hormones naturally is really all you can do but it takes time and research!!!

Hang in there it does pass!!!

• Posted

Hi Shirley and Theresa,

So sorry both of you have gone through this. Im shaking right now as I type this. The anxiety is the absolute pits. I know exactly how it feels. I also get the deep black depression at times and feel like I am walking around in a state of shock until it passes. I have been using Rhodiola but 3 days ago added in 5htp. Im not seeing any difference so far. I thought I was doing well on the Rhodiola, but the depression came back Monday, so I added 5htp. It does help me sleep though. However, yesterday, my anxiety was unbelievable and then the depression set in after the anxiety lifted. All day, from 8an to 6pm, I feltlike I was in shock. Now this morning, I again woke up shaking and trembling. Praying no depression sets in. Some reviews on 5htp say it makes anxiety worse. It may be what caused mine so bad yesterday, so I cut down to 10mg last night. Anxiety isnt as bad as bad as yesterday, but still here. We shall see if it helps battle the depression. Teresa, what med are you taking? Its so awful to wake up each morning like this. How does anybody function?

• Posted

I was prescribed hydroxyzine HCL 50 mg. it's not addictive and I took it before bed time and then I took it again during the day and one more time so a total of three times . It allowed my body to stop shaking and stressing and get my night time rest. Talk to your doctor or OBGYN and get some type of help !!

Also I believe it helps to get healthy. Cut out sugar, caffeine, add some light exercise, probiotics, kiefer, fermented veggies, and some type of stress relief. It takes research and time to help yourself get through this. Camomile tea calms you but only when you are doing all the above along with it . It's a balancing act! And it's hard. No one can tell you how to do that sad. Just keep reading and incorporating healthy things . I also have a strong faith and read and count on HIM allot!

Blessings all

• Posted

Amen to that. I can do all things through christ who strengthen me.

Its tough though. But you can have a testimony without a test x

• Posted

Thanks Teresa. This menopause thing is dreadful isn't it!! I'm 50 and for the last 2 years been in this but this stage with panic attacks is just dreadful. I've always been strong and in control but the symptoms have notched away at me for so long and finally pulled me down. I've had to be strong as my husband has depression so for the kids sake I just tried to cope but when this weak trembling wreck appears it's just so frightening. I'm going to try vitamin b complex and kalms. I read that when your body has these attacks vitamin b decreases which in turn affects your stress levels so increasing may help, I hope so.

I feel relieved that I'm not alone, thanks for your response x

• Posted

Hi Snowbell,

I'm going through the same thing. Woke up this morning with really bad panic and anxiety. The shaking and tears then start from there. It's so very hard to get a handle on these horrible symptoms. Just got my period yesterday, had groin stomach and leg pain most of the day. Spent all day yesterday feeling so very hopeless and in tears. I can so relate to your post and to desperately wanting this nightmare to end or desperately wanting someone to please help us manage these symptoms. I take a ton of supplements eat very healthy no sugar caffeine or gluten. Eat small meals every two hours use essential oils and acupuncture walk 30 minutes everyday still these horrible symptoms do not let up. I feel I have no inner balance or peace. I pray you and I have a better day as it progresses. Take Care. There has to be an end to this soon.

Debbie ❤️

• Posted

Oh Debbie, you are in my thoughts and prayers. This is crippling. After doing more research, I am almost positive its due to the decline in our estradiol and possibly progesterone. I put on a small dab of progesterone cream this morning when I was going into a panic attack and sure enough, it stopped it. Im in my ovulation period when we don't have enough progesterone. I am begging for estradiol cream for days 1-25 and no doctor will provide me any until this cyst is removed from my ovary. Its horrible they let women suffer this way. I just read a book by Dr. Elizabeth Lee Vliet that opened my eyes to what is happening to us. Please get it if you can, its called Screaming to be Heard. Ive been on so many supplements, overdosed on progesterone cream by my last provider (which was hell) and just told I have anxiety and depression so take an antidepressant. Im so disgusted that we have been ignored. If I had the money to see this Dr. Vliet in Arizona, I would be on the next flight out. Her book is helping me already, and I am so relieved to know I was just misdiagnosed and ignored, not dying. Take care xx
    • Posted

I am so happy I picked it up. It tells why we are feeling so crummy. Let me know if you read it and if you can relate to what Dr. Vliet is saying
    • Posted

Thank You for the wonderful book advice. I am going to go get it on Monday. I'm in California, very close to Arizona 😉. Can't wait to read that book. I've called several bioidentical hormone doctors here in Southern California. I'm going to have to pay out of pocket because of course my insurance doesn't cover it. The doctor that I liked the best was the cheapest thank God. I have an appointment next Wednesday. I need to get my mental state balanced because I have to make a decision regarding possible upcoming surgery. I have a small inguinal hernia and an enlarged uterus. I'm not sure which one is causing me the most pain and problems. Praying for answers. I don't want unnecessary surgery. Either hernia surgery or hysterectomy. Good luck and prayers for your surgery regarding your ovarian cyst. ❤️

Debbie

• Posted

Thank you Debbie! I live in Las Vegas and would drive to Phoenix just to see this doctor. What she explained in her book is that even the dosage of the over the counter progesterone creams are too much. I had no idea. My doctor had me on waaaaay more than that. No wonder why I felt like garbage and like I was going to die. She is also an endocrinologist and knows what tests to order, unlike our GYN's. Im saving up to see her for sure.
    • Posted

Thanks for the heads up on the book, I've downloaded it and shared a book review on Facebook 😀
    • Posted

Your welcome! I think this book can help so many of us who are suffering.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.