Extreme Panic attacks menopause symptom? Do vitamin b's help or 5http

Posted , 17 users are following.

Need help as I've been suffering terribly with menopause, severe panic attacks, shaking, sweating, hot flushes, legs like jelly!

I had severe chest pain, it woke up from sleep at 4am Easter Sunday. Ambulance cane and took to A/E. Hospital said ECG fine but it was a heart spasm probably caused by panic attack in sleep, can that happen?

I shake at any sudden sound? Get that nervous pit feeling in your stomach, goes right through me! Even watching tv any sudden movements make me jump. My question is would vitamin b complex help plus 5http at night to help with sleep? I'm in the menopause also, have hot flushes during day and night. Have used menopace but not working now.

Any advice would help as I feel so not myself, low energy, nervy all the time even my speech sounds jittery !!

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Shirley. This has happened to me too. My doc explained that it's an imbalance of adrenalin in your body which is giving you that tight chest. It feels like a heart attack. I know, I thought I was about to die. Annoyingly, the more you panic about it, the more adrenalin is released, which increases the tightening feeling. On and on it goes into a full blown panic attack. The idea is to recognise the feeling so that you can reassure yourself that it is a burst of adrenalin and to stay calm. Try to distract your mind and it passes. Sometimes in seconds, sometimes a bit longer, but it can be around on and off for a while. It's a terrifying thing. You're definitely not alone. All the best to you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.