Extremely discouraged

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey all. I'm just feeling very discouraged today. I've had a headache for a couple days now, maybe a side effect from the citalopram, but just not feeling well in general. Had a pretty productive day, however, sitting on the couch and I started having some chest tightness, left shoulder pain and the pins and needles. So I breathed through all of it and thought it was getting better. Ended up taking .25 of clonezepam to maybe calm myself more. Fell asleep around 10pm and here it is again. Woke up hot, neck sweaty, palms sweaty, heart rate is slightly elevated, more pins and needles... I have been doing so well, why can't this just go away? I just want to feel better. I need to think positively but the negative thoughts are creeping in.

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you are drinking water at this time of year put a pinch of salt in it.

This helps retain the fluid in the body and it replaces salt that we loos when the weather is hot

BOB

• Posted

Hey Bob!! That's a really good idea. It has been a very hot summer so I do need to replinish. If this posts twice, sorry. Lol my phone us going crazy on me todaysmile thank you for your help!

• Posted

Hi dear. Just wanted to let you know own you're not alone at this. Me too, after having a really wonderful week, today all hell broke loose again and I actually took oxazepam, haven't done it for a while now. I thought, yes I did it, I kicked anxietys... But here I'm having chest arm pain, needles all over my body and headache and the horrible feeling inside we all hate so much. I got so angry today that put on my running shoes and ran 10 km because I was so desperate I just wanted to run away from it but it kept following me ((. What really helps me is the thought of the better days I have and it keep me going. Dear you are not alone. Hope this can comfort you somehow, as your post alone made me calmer and thank you for that. Hugs Terri

• Posted

Hey Terri! Thank you for your reply! I had the same feeling. Really thought I kicked the anxiety and it caught back up with me again. It's people like you and everyone on this forum that bring me comfort and help me through this battle. Lately I've had more ups than downs, but yesterday I just felt miserable. I hate the chest arm pain and especially the tingles. My throat started doing the close up thing last night as well. I can usually handle them when they happen during the day, but when it's nocturnal I panic even more. I need to try to go on a walk and maybe that'll help. I'm so glad my post brought you comfort in knowing you're not alone because when it happens you do truly feel alone...but you're not and I am not alone in this battle. I'm so thankful for all of you in helping me deal with all of this. I will kick the anxiety right in the face at some point! I have strong faith in that. And so will you Terri! Thank you again and I will keep you in my thoughts! smile

• Posted

Your body is just so used to feeling a certain way you have to be patient. It about familiarity at this point. Anything you are not accustomed too good or bad will feel strange and trigger anxiety oddly. Be patient. When the negative creeps in remind yourself of how it felt to feel good. And politely explain to the negative thoughts they are no longer welcome. There a much more clearer way to say this to yourself to stop the negative thoughts but i cant curse in the forum lol.
    • Posted

Hahaha Lisa you made me laugh. Thank you!! I agree though. I'm so used to feeling crummy that when I feel good the negative tries to sneak in and get me down. I just need to stay positive. I'm doing okay today. Just have a little tingle in my face right at the moment. But I've been keeping my mind occupied. I do have the .5 of clonezepam if I need it. I usually cut them in half because I don't want to get hooked on them...lol. I'm a weirdo when it comes to taking things. Thank you Lisa for your kind words!smile

• Posted

I am. I just really don't understand the warmness and the pins and needles in my face and neck. It's irritating. One thing that upsets me is my husband really doesn't understand how it effects me. Because when I get these I kind of shut down emotionally and get very quiet until it passes and he thinks I'm upset or "acting weird". Do you know how I can explain it to him better?

• Posted

I Get some weird symptoms too. Maybe the body doesn't funtion too well be cause we keep the bad hormones or chemical levels too high.and it doesnt get a long enough chance to be relaxed. That might have. Something to do with some of this. Maybe it like grabbing a small ball in yiur hand. No big deal your just holding a ball. Not dtressful or anything. Well hold it for about ten hours a day. Your hand will hurt a lot and be cramped and have oins and needles too. From holding it from your muscles and such in that position. Maybe its like that but in a bugger scale. And i do what you do when i dont feel well from whatever symptoms i start over thinking and basically go inside myself but theres fear mixed and helplessness mixed  in there and i know no one wants to hear about it, or provide me with a miracle fix so i am there in body but my whole insides are doing there own thing haha.people who havent experienced this mess have zero ability to have a clue what it feels like. I dont think they can even be empathetic tomthe point to understand it. You dont really have to explain anything. Just say when i dint feel so good i get quiet because i know it will pass and i know you cant fix it.its a win win so whikst im acting weird im just riding thru the anxiety. Tell him its like when his foot falls asleep and he has to go somewhere. He looks weird to the outside world but nithing he can do until it wears off then he can go about his day. How does that sound. I have known my husband for over 30+ years and he still doesnt get it and thats with ailments diagnosed. I think its a man thing haha. If it isnt hapoening to them or they cant fix it then they act confused. I dont know. But i do get what your going thru by "acting weird"

• Posted

Too many typos sorry hope u get my point
    • Posted

Hahaha you're absolutely right. If they don't know how it feels, they can't comprehend it at all. My brother came over and I went into a full blown attack while watching a movie. Throat felt weird, hot, pins and needles, shaking and my hands got really sweaty. Then I just broke down crying with a cold rag over my face. So at that moment my husband realized exactly what has been bothering me all day/night. He got up and had me take the .5 of clonezepam and I went into my room and called my best friend (she's pretty much my thunder jacket. She calms me down and answers and talks until I calm down). I'm so grateful for her. I ended up finally calming down and was able to watch the rest of the movie with my brother and husband. And yes I overthunj EVERYTHING when I'm feeling like that. It's horrible. Thank you again Lisa!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.