Extremely itchy vulval and anal area for 6 years

Posted , 13 users are following.

6 years ago I had a terrible itch start on the right side of my labia majora. It spread to my anal passage and has plagued me ever since. It bothers me constantly! I scratch so much it bleeds sometimes, and it's like I can't *not* scratch, because of now desperately itchy it is.

I have tried yeast treatments, vagisil, etc., and nothing ever worked. It's getting worse and I'm so desperate for a cure! 

I went to my gynaecologist. She didn't examine me and told me to get an over the counter yeast cream 😤. Didn't work. 

I have gone through two pregnancies with this terrible, non stop itching! I have had it! I just want my old vagina and anus back, the one that didn't drive me absolutely insane with the crazy itching! 

A few days ago I went to my GP and he examined the area. He looked at the results of my pap, no yeast. All previous paps were also negative for yeast, so as far as I know this is not yeast related. 

He prescribed me an ointment they mixed at the pharmacy. It has an antifungal, a moisturizer, Betaderm 0.1%, Clotrimaderm 1%, and zinc.  It's been a few days but so far I have no relief! 

He thinks it is contact dermatitis, so I have stocked up on the 100% cotton panties, stopped having baths, and bought myself a cleanser that isn't a soap called Cetaphil

I don't know what else to do! Please help me, if anyone else has experienced this dreadful, scaly, moist, thick skinned itch from hell, I'd love to hear from you. I hope to find out what the heck this is and get rid of it once and for all! My labia majora is actually getting slightly scarred from the scratching over the years 😞

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have suffered with this incessant itching for years too.  But I have finally discovered what the problem is. It is contact dermatitis due to a latex allergy.  Most panties, even those that are 100% cotton, use latex elastic around the leg openings.  But there are latex-free panties out there.  Since I started wearing them, the itching stopped like someone flipped a switch!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.