Eye twitching

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi ladies, I have all the symptoms in the world (43 years old), but right now is the eye twitching that drives me crazy.

Has anyone had it and mentioned it to their gp, and any comments on that?

This combined with dizziness, nausea and leg weakness brings quite unpleasant thoughts to my mind.

I just want to know it is part of the peri so I'd get a little beit more relaxed about it.

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I have some eye twitching too. I did read somewhere that it could be low magnesium. I think it's all muscular and that's where most of my issues lie xx
  • Edited

Hi sue, just wanted to reassure you about the muscle twitching. I go through episodes of this that lasts days or a few weeks. I don't know if it's hormones that cause it but my hormones cause extreme anxiety at times & I always put it down to that.

Anxiety manifests itself in any manner, any symptom you can think of can be brought on or made worse by adrenalin & other stress hormones. It's really annoying but try & forget about it & it will go away.

Let us know if you need any help x

• Posted

I too have had eye twitching for the last month but haven't mentioned it to my GP as didn't attribute it to Peri menopause. I have started a course of the mini pill ten days ago to try & reduce my terribly heavy periods & need to go back at the end of 3 months to see if these make a difference so I will mention it then.

I have just bought some calcium & magnesium tablets from holland & Barrett so will try these & see if they make a difference to the twitching.

• Edited

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Like i said it is the combination of symptoms that worries me. i can handle any kind of discomfort provided i know its caused by peri and there is no underlying illness. Thanks again, you ladies are awsome.
  • Posted

hi sue. Yes I've had the twitching!! It will pass.😀
  • Posted

I had eye twitching earlier in life that had nothing to do with peri. Mine was due to low magnesium and was going through very stressful time. Your symptoms sound like it could be low magnesium, but always good to check with your GP to put your mind to rest.

• Posted

What type of magnesium do you ladies take? Mine is 250mg, started à month ago. should have kicked in by now...
  • Edited

Hi Sue.

I had the eye twitching for a couple of months non stop. It was really annoying. I mentioned it to my doctor who thought I had an infection. They gave me ointment but it did nothing. I went to my optician who recommended some eye drops as it is from dry eyes. As soon as I started using the drops my eye gradually stopped twitching. It only does it now if I forget to put my drops in.

Hope this helps

Helen.

• Edited

Yes Sue i have this ocassionaly

and i never thought of a magnesium deficiency, i know its dam annoying and you feel as though everyone can see it. I  find applying makeup to the eye area starts it off and its always the same eye too, my left. dont think its anything to do with peri menapause as my son gets it!

Sue x

• Edited

Well, if you google perimenopause and eye twitching à lot of stuff comes up. The problem is that other very scary things come up too, so i stopped googling mu symptoms. I only read this forum now.
    • Edited

Amen Sue!

Sometimes too much info is worse than no knowledge at all! Good grief, I had to stop "researching" my latest symptom, some time ago because actually some of what I thought was Peri related, turned out not be the issue. So while it's good to be informed, sometimes it's great to take a break and if it persists, consult a physician as boy, I did make myself crazy for a short bit!

Annie xx

• Edited

Hey Sue...

When googling symptoms and researching info regarding the meno trios, remember this adage regarding fish: Eat the fish and spit the bones out! Back in the day, our parents did not have the internet, google, or forums. We are blessed to have these entities, and they really do help us get through life. So if you in fact, decide to google the symptoms... click on the sites, that peak your interest, and keep it movin!

Be well my menopausal sister!

• Edited

Dear sue yes i had the eye twitching and migraine auras, had my eyes checked because of iT, thankfully it did stop after a while!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.