Eye twitching cause of anxiety or something else?

Posted , 12 users are following.

For the past 1 month I've been in severe stress. Have gone through panic attacks, anxiety disorders and what not! It was a few weeks ago that my right eye started twitching and it lasted for bout 3 days. After that it was my left eye that started twitching and its been almost 10 days but the twitching hasn't stopped. It twitches for bout 5 6 seconds and then stops. There were a few days when there wasn't any twitching at all.

Does anyone else have experienced this ever? Is this something to worry bout or it's just normal?

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I just started experiencing I twitching today all of a sudden , I'm at work and my eye began to twitch mostly the left eye not so much the right eye , but I'm sitting here like omg what is this , everyday or Evey week its something new driving me crazy , I need a break from my own body seriously

• Edited

Sounds so much like me! I'm so fed up of my body bringing everyday new symptoms for me. I really don't understand why! Probably it's just anxiety. But the worst is that I have this habit of googling my symptoms which then makes me go all mad! Well hope we both feel well soon! Take care!

• Posted

Take care esah , and I'm almost positive its only anxiety , because mine stopped for now

• Posted

I have experienced this when particularly anxious, after getting anxiety under control the twitching has not returned
    • Posted

Mine just stopped finally after I tried to calm myself down. Hope it doesn't return any soon now!

• Posted

I have some wacky ear thing going on. Hear what sounds like a washing machine and if i move my head a funny short whine sound. Took me months till i built uo the courage to get an ent appt.end of next week,  i hate doctors overall. I believe eye twitches are usually stress related but you can always pop into an optician and ask or have an exam. But i get not wanting too cause i temd to procrastinate and out off doctors all the time. Weird symptoms are so annoying. And sometimes it is really hard to know what is stress and what isnt. 
    • Posted

Trust me I have this weird ringing in ears too. Im sure this all is stress related cause I saw a neurologist twice and she says it's nothing but stress. Im so fed up of dealing with all these symptoms but I think I need to get used to. Because I know that they are so not gonna leave me! sad

• Posted

Hi Esha,

Sorry uve got this other symptom.

Is the ringing loud or amplified when nits quiet.

May not be same but sometimes when it dead quiet I suddenly notice a ringing. It's more of a dull drone. I believe that is something everyone can hear but when your mind is Pre-occupied by thoughts u filter it out.

Does this sound similar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.